Might Be Awhile Before We Can Float The Toon!

• Ice Cap

Went up to the lake last Saturday and started to open things up. Don’t see getting the toon launched for awhile yet. Took this pic from the boat launch looking towards our dock. I could put the dock out now and it wouldn’t reach the water. We are on one of the reservoirs so they have been drawing off most of the winter to keep the current flow in the rivers. Dam is still open a bit so they are still drawing off meaning things will get worse before they get better if we don’t get some significant rain soon. I guess the good news is the fish won’t see much pressure this year and will be a good year to get some rocks out and clean up the shore line.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Not very good for your property Value.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Seeing the same thing on Big Sandy. The corps just started bringing the levels up about a week ago. It was weird seeing so much beach this spring and it seemed like the lake was unusually low which I didn’t question due to the lack of snow and rain. Looked back at levels from previous years and turns out it was exactly the same as every other.

Ice Cap

I bet people wind up with a lot more sandy beaches next year.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Great opportunity to clear up your shoreline and strategically alter a few things as needed.

I have a college buddy who lives on a reservoir that gets drawn periodically and has pretty solid perch fishing out West. Needless to say, he has quite the crib and variety of structure located perfectly within casting distance of his dock.

jwellsy

I would make rock piles and gravel beds for fish attraction. Good time to haul in a few trucks of sand and make your own little beach. Is that your boat ramp at the bottom of the pic?

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

You may need a different lawn mower.

Ice Cap

I would make rock piles and gravel beds for fish attraction. Good time to haul in a few trucks of sand and make your own little beach. Is that your boat ramp at the bottom of the pic?

Not mine exclusively but shared by 12 other property owners. So a private launch that we all share in the upkeep of. Only a few of us have docks down there in addition to docks on our property. It’s quite nice. Never any boat launch drama or critics watching your boat launch procedure. Rarely is anyone there using it. Most of the use is from people who have guests visit for the weekend who bring a boat to put in the water.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Never any boat launch drama

Well that’s no fun.
    Sitting at a boat launch is better than fishing some days. woot

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Drama and confrontation is fun to watch at a ramp.

jwellsy

Is your dock a floating dock? Would a couple of pilings out towards the end of it help keep it in place during storms? Now would be a good time to sink a couple of pilings at both ends, if they would be helpful.

shefland
    Walker

don’t get caught, illegal, caught many on tonka years ago hauling sand

Ice Cap

Nope no floating dock. I’m not too concerned with this. If we get some rain and they close the dam it will bounce back pretty quickly. I have a few rocks I want to move and some general clean up that’s about it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.