Metro ice report

• mattyice90
    North Metro

3-4″ in Cambridge, 4-5″ in Isanti. Managed to get wind burn and a couple perch. Happy fishing yall

ps0345

I’ve heard 4″ on some smaller lakes in Anoka county.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I found 3-4 on Coon on Sunday. I’m suprised to see such little ice in your reports. Maybe a good thing to keep some people off the ice this weekend.

Be VERY CAREFUL on less than 4″ this weekend. When temps rise above freezing, that 4″ will act like 1″.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I know Waconia was almost completely locked up this Sunday but I’ve been up north since. Any word on Tonka?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

DH custom says some guys are fishing on carson bay and off of bracketts point. i drove around the lake the other day and saw a lot of open water yet

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

any new news of how this warmer weather over the weekend has affected our metro ice? anyone found consistantly safe ice anywhere? i know my cousin has been fishing minnetonka but he says the ice is very sketchy (he has fished the lake for 20+ years and knows it like the back of his hand so he is relatively safe if not stupid). Im hoping to find 4 inches somewhere in the metro by this weekend. thinking with this recent cold snap and with the warmer temps melting the snow cover we could have it by this weekend

das_bass
    Mound, MN

There was someone fishing in a portable house on Black Lake of Lake Minnetonka this morning.

Dirtyocean
    Bloomington, MN

There was a story on the news (forget what channel) today about thin ice conditions, and they did a rescue demonstration in the story that I think took place during the warm weekend. They are recommending not to venture out yet, but I’m sure there is safe ice in some places. Don’t make unnecessary risks that will endanger you and/or others. Bring your spud and your spikes. On that note has anyone heard any ice conditions in Hennepin, Dakota, or Scott county, I’m itching to get on some safe ice!

matt

The sheriff allways says dont go on the ice every year at this time.Im actually suprised it took this long to see him on the news saying the same thing again.Who knows,by now he probably just has the news replay the same old video each year.As for ice,I was on Buffalo and there was 7″of clear good ice,I ventured to the middle of the lake.As for the ice imbetween the landing and the middle of the lake all i can say is my spud never went thru and I never drilled to find out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.