Marcum, your killing my toy budget

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Got to check out the new Marcum toys at the Robinson Wholesale show. Truly a company that is listening. For the mobile angler that wants everything “all-in-one”, Marcum did it right. Well, I started my Christmas list.

Attachments:
    1. 20141007_070536.jpg

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

That thing is truly a game changer!!!

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Randy, no doubt they are nice but don’t you think $2000+ is pretty steep? My old FL18 and old Aqua View Scout sure work well. I do like the LX7’s but if I can make it out on the ice one time the urge usually goes away. Just like new deer rifles this time of year are hard to resist.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Personally, $20k for a boat is steep for me, but all things relative for those who want all the features a $40k boat has to offer, $20k is a drop in the bucket!
    I feel that the most important thing, when looking into electronics, is having something that works for you. For 15 years an FL8 did exactly what I needed it to do and last year it was a tough decision in choosing a new flasher.
    But as my time on the ice increased from 5-20 days per winter to 60-100+ days, my demand for more functionality increased as well and now I seriously never shut up about how much I love my LX6. With everything the RT9 is going to be capable of, I will definitely be saving up in order to add it to my arsenal. On the other side of the coin, I wouldn’t recommend the RT9 to anyone unless they were looking for an all-in-one-unit. It would be torture to see someone use it only 10-20 times a year to fish in their permanent shack, I don’t think that’s what it is designed for.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Very well stated Ben. I could go out tomorrow and use my old Lowrance green box and be content. Given what & how I use electronics and features, this is suited for me – not everyone. Now, just have to figure out how to pay for one.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Believe me when I say I’m not a negative vote, just a poor one.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Boss, I don’t know you from Adam, but knowing myself I think I can relate… For instance, I still have a $10 phone that has buttons, I’ve never even looked at smart phones out of consideration. I get heat for my dumb phone all the time, but at least when I break it, the thing only costs $10 to replace. I can call, text, probably even browse web sites on the 1″ screen, but for me spending $300-$500 on a phone just doesn’t make sense. I don’t think anyone will give you any heat over not finding the RT9 worth it, but you may have to put up with us dreaming and drooling over it for a little while. )
    Randy, we should start a fund raiser!

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Boss, I don’t know you from Adam, but knowing myself I think I can relate… For instance, I still have a $10 phone that has buttons, I’ve never even looked at smart phones out of consideration. I get heat for my dumb phone all the time, but at least when I break it, the thing only costs $10 to replace. I can call, text, probably even browse web sites on the 1″ screen, but for me spending $300-$500 on a phone just doesn’t make sense. I don’t think anyone will give you any heat over not finding the RT9 worth it, but you may have to put up with us dreaming and drooling over it for a little while. )
    Randy, we should start a fund raiser!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.