Elite DSI Question?

• MikeLarson

I want to use my gps on this unit for ice fishing wondering how other people have theirs set up I talked to fish electronic and they have the cigarette plug in but I was looking for something I can plug into a small battery and carry it around on early ice like a flasher just some other thought

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Get the cig lighter end for the unit (male end) make sure it has a 3a fuse.

Then buy the female cig lighter end from an auto parts store. There will be a + and – wire running from it. Solder or crimp alligator clips or slider ends that then attach to the small battery terminals.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Or you can put female spade connectors on the end of the regular lowrance power harness, and buy a cig outlet male plugin and put male spade connectors on that. Label the power wire well because you don’t want to cross the pos & neg. I like the plastic covered spades myself. Gives you a little extra protection.

I run the LMS 520 and I sometimes have to get the antenna away from the head unit to pull a signal. Anyone else have that issue?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

Or you can put female spade connectors on the end of the regular lowrance power harness, and buy a cig outlet male plugin and put male spade connectors on that. Label the power wire well because you don’t want to cross the pos & neg. I like the plastic covered spades myself. Gives you a little extra protection.

I run the LMS 520 and I sometimes have to get the antenna away from the head unit to pull a signal. Anyone else have that issue?

Yup that would work great as well, just make sure there is a fuse in the system.
    I built mine to initially go in my truck so that dictated my configuration. Then I just added the battery for wheeler and snowmobile use.

I have had no issues with puck location. Mine works well 6′ away on my boat of with my winter set up directly above. (knock on wood) That is an odd issue, do you think there might be a break in the wire or a connection pin that that looses contact when wire is rolled?

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Quote:

To avoid plugging in wrong, put opposite connectors on the negative and positive wires(female on negative, male on positive) on the locator and the corresponding connector on the battery leads. You definitely need to us the plastic covered spade terminals for this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.