Lowrance Ice Pack charger indicator light

• Ryan P
    Farmington

I got a new Ice pack kit to use with my Elite 5 HDI unit. Got everything hooked up and played around with the settings for an hour or so. Went to plug the charger into the battery and the charger indicator light is still green indicating a full charge. Anyone else have one of these chargers? The battery is still reading 12.6 volts on the HDI display so is it possible it just hasn’t been drained enough for the charger to charge it? I guess I could just leave the unit on for a few hours to drain the battery and then see if it takes a charge. Anyone have any suggestions.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

If you’re not familiar with the ice unit and have questions I may be of help. Was on the ice last few days figuring out same unit, took some getting use to and playing with settings but she is fantastic. Split zoom is sweet.

Charger can’t answer, charged up batteries fine for us. The 7ah that comes with the pack lasts about 7hrs. Kind of disappointed in that. My 597 would go 14+

Need to figure out how to shut off GPS, should help with battery life.

Ryan P
    Farmington

When the charger is charging does the indicator light change to a different color besides green? Left the unit on sim mode over night and drained the battery a little, but still when plugging in the charger the indicator light is still green which is supposed to mean fully charged. I’m wondering if I got a faulty charger?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Mine turns red when not charged. Sounds like bad charger.

Ryan P
    Farmington

Emailed Lowrance about it…They are sending out a new charger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.