Loose sling lugs

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

On my Ruger M77. Won’t stay tight with sling on when they twist (unscrew). What is acceptable to keep them tight? Loctite? If so what color?

Iowaboy1

Loctite blue 242.
    Put a dab of grease on the swivel while you are at it,helps prevent the twisting forces on the screw.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My strap connects directly to lug. No swivel. Like this. Do you mean the pin part?

Attachments:
    1. 61vxk38NChL._AC_UL200_SR200200_.jpg

Iowaboy1

Yes, grease on the pin where it goes through the lug eye.
    If you are having trouble with the lug backing out of the stock you might want to try an epoxy unless the wood is worn enough it won’t hold.
    Then you will have to put a lug in with a larger thread.
    When I work with lugs with wood screw type threads I put a drop or two of CA glue in and let it dry,this hardens the wood thread.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Got it. I put some ca on the back wood screw. Front one has a nut in the wood so I need to pick up some blue. Thank you

Ps I think you meant put the drops into the wood first and let dry before putting the lug in? Lol. I’m just leaving it as is. Thanks again.

404 ERROR
    MN

Had my mag tube sling stud break off my SX2 while in 2′ deep water a few weeks ago…Made for a wet arm looking for the gun…

Fixed it by buying a new Maxus jester

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.