Looking to buy a New Cooler

• CaptainMusky

pug, I am interested to see how your purchase goes. I have read some horror stories about RTIC taking orders but it being months and months with no updates without receiving the product. Hopefully your purchase goes well because I am interested by them too.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s actually a wedding gift, so I don’t know how many updates I’ll personally get, but I’ll let you know.

I am sure you probably know, but others who don’t know what we are talking about, but RTIC is a direct to consumer company. And the product is made in China, so that is the reason for the back orders and that’s how they keep the cost down.

The actual company is from here I believe, but you know how some of these Chinese manufacturers go.

CaptainMusky

Yep, I read up on the company a year or so ago when I first heard about them. Not sure if it’s true but I heard it was started by the guys who started yeti or worked there. Something I read online so it has to be true. Lol
    They do look very impressive!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My sister in law said there was some kind of connection with Yeti. I thought she said the Koozies are the same, just rebranded. They sent us 3 and we got them today.

WarEagle

Artic hard cooler or the bag cooler?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m getting the hard side. I don’t know what it is, but soft packs to me just don’t seem practical. Don’t ask me why, it’s just a feeling I get.

Bullheadfinder

When I was growing up my dad had an old Coleman. Somewhere in its 12-15th year of service, one of the hinges broke off. My dad having two very admirable qualities,cheap and resourceful, fashioned a couple new hinges out of two pieces of old belt leather and attached them to the cooler with some sheet metal screws. It works just fine. Don’t know how it will hold up in the long run because it’s only been 20 years or so since he did that.

WarEagle

I have the new yeti bag cooler and it is amazin

CaptainMusky

Any of those koozies are amazing. I know a guy who bought a yeti one because he is a big coffee drinker. He filled it but the coffee was too hot to drink right away so he put it in his cup holder and set off for a big road trip. 5 he’s later he remembered it, weird, I know. Took a sip and it was still too Damn hot! He said it keeps ice for a day! That’s amazing.
    If I drank mixed drinks or coffee I would certainly get one.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The RTIC koozie works good. I wish there was a bottle koozie, but most my bottle beer doesn’t have a standard size. Even Cigar City’s cans are wider than most. It’s a little tight getting it in there, but it’s sealed so tight it keeps really cold.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Here are some pictures of my cooler modifications:

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.