Looking for venison sausage recipes

• chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Local grocery store had pork butt cheap, and I still have a bunch of venison in the freezer, so I’m looking for some sausage recipes. I made breakfast sausage and Italian sausage last year and they were a big hit, but of course I didn’t write anything down. I don’t have a stuffer (yet), so I do everything as bulk sausage.

Anyone have any recipes they could share? I have a lot of venison left and am game for anything.

Iowaboy1

check out PS seasonings in Wis. if you are not familiar with them,original recipe,we use real hickory for smoking,out of this world!! they have everything from seasonings to equipment for smoking meats.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There is a retired butcher who runs the site below, and has more recipes than you could hope to make in a lifetime! Click the Homemade Sausage link at the top:
    http://sausageheavenoutdoors.com/

reinhard thamm

Hi everyone!! I have noticed that some of you are going on my site looking for sausage recipes so I signed up here to be a member. Thanks to BigWerm above for mentioning the site. My site has no advertising and I don’t sell anything on there, It’s just a personal hobby of mine. I started it a little over a year ago. I moderated a couple of outdoor sites in the cooking forums and fishing in Northern Minnesota. I no longer moderate but still contribute there along with a national smoking site. I’m a retired butcher after over 35 years of the trade. Love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and of course cooking and smoking along with sausage making. So if anyone has any questions on sausage making or smoking in general I’ll be here to answer. I’ll have to get used to the forums and it looks like this one is Members Recipes? Look forward to posting on here. good luck.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Welcome to IDO Reinhard! Although we’ve never met, you have been a great resource for all things meat via these forums. I’m sure you will enjoy being an IDO’er.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.