Looking at the forecast holy buckets

• deertracker

I think I just heard my neighbor drive his motorcycle to work. That is nuts.

If I had access to wash mine after, it would probably be out as well. Saw one in Alexandria yesterday.
    DT

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Neighbor took his classic car for a spin today. I reminded him there’s plenty of salt dust on the roads.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Neighbor took his classic car for a spin today. I reminded him there’s plenty of salt dust on the roads.

That dude is crazy. I won’t bring the Camaro out until after the first 2 rains of the season. Despite the nice weather and clear roads.

CaptainMusky

Yeah that is nuts! Even if he washed it right away he still has to drive it home. That salt brine sticks to the surface for a long time.

BrianF

Here’s what we’re all missing. These are shots from our home in the Twin Cities back in 2019. Last winter was even worse. I’m okay taking this winter off…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2124-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_2131.jpeg

3. IMG_2130.jpeg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Picked up dog piles on almost green grass yesterday. Today is sunny and 50 degrees shock cool

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

They are saying today in the Twin Cities could be the warmest day in January since records have been kept.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I read a report that the lake we ice fished last Sat. Has had 200-300 ice houses removed since Sun. morning. My buddy is back out there today and said he only saw a few houses out there today. Said the landing took a real beating since we were there on Sat.

CaptainMusky

Just saw a post by a resort on Ottertail stating that today could be the last day for their guests because the ice has deteriorated rapidly.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just saw a post by a resort on Ottertail stating that today could be the last day for their guests because the ice has deteriorated rapidly.

seeing alot of those kind of reports on the book of faces the past 2 days!!!

by days end i wont have any snow left in the yard. even on the north side and where the sun generally doesnt get to much!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I finally made it up to Roosie this winter. Drilled holes yesterday and had 8 to 10 of good clear ice.
    But you guys have me worried now and I don’t wanna fall through. Maybe I’ll send the Belle out a few steps in front of me this afternoon. wink rotflol

CaptainMusky

My snow is essentially all gone. I actually had standing water in one low area the other day and that has all dried up. Ground hardly feels frozen when walking on it.

Charles

ut you guys have me worried now and I don’t wanna fall through. Maybe I’ll send the Belle out a few steps in front of me this afternoon.

Let me know where there biting I will come find you. I know a few lakes around there still have good ice but some are looking black.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

CRAZY CRAZY Winter. Only drove out on a lake 1 time this winter ( Jan. 27th ) and may likely not be able to do so again. Right now the ice conditions look about like the early stages of ice out. Who knows what we may get after this 7-10 day warm spell. I actually see some rain in the forecast for the Ottertail area. That plus a wind would do some real damage to the ice. I’m always wishing our ice out fishing lasted much long. This year I may get my wish. We may get several months of near ice out fishing

Riverrat

CRAZY CRAZY Winter. Only drove out on a lake 1 time this winter ( Jan. 27th ) and may likely not be able to do so again. Right now the ice conditions look about like the early stages of ice out. Who knows what we may get after this 7-10 day warm spell. I actually see some rain in the forecast for the Ottertail area. That plus a wind would do some real damage to the ice. I’m always wishing our ice out fishing lasted much long. This year I may get my wish. We may get several months of near ice out fishing

I’m going fishing in Ottertail this weekend. Open water fishing.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

my brother is headed to the cabin over super bowl weekend, thing the ice there should be fine yet….i know i’m keeping a close eye on the 3 webcams up there.

Geigers
    narrows
    and lakewood on sand!!

Ripjiggen

I’m getting the boat…

Ripjiggen

Always room for 1 more.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Ice fished a panfish spot in southern WI on Sunday, top inch was soft, then 8in of good clear ice. Went back to that spot yesterday, top 2in was slush, then 3 or 4in of honeycomb ice then 4in of good ice. And we havent even had any sun or rain

glenn57
    cold spring mn

ice is pretty crappy looking on the horseshoe chain. river by the bridges are open. there is one fishhouse out just west of the 22 bridge…..i hope he gets it off. doah shock

Swimjiggin
    Burnsville/Willmar

A fella down the street was warshing his car in the driveway today. Think I’ll jinx us all and dig out the patio furniture, that’ll make it snow!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So sad. Just got out fishing last weekend and did well. Hoping to repeat this weekend if possible.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

A fella down the street was warshing his car in the driveway today. Think I’ll jinx us all and dig out the patio furniture, that’ll make it snow!!

rotflol don’t you dare!! smash rotflol

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I kinda feel bad I’ll be in Florida tomorrow and not here in MN enjoying the warm weekend. Wait, that’s full BS. Come on Florida! It should still be a great weekend up here for you all. BBQ and bonfires I’m sure.

dbright
    Cambridge

I am pretty sure I am throwing the camping gear in the boat and looking for a island this weekend.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I had thought about getting the camper out and hitting up some trout streams. But I may hold off on that just a bit yet.

The other thought is going up to check out my place on Mille Lacs and walking out and yes having bonfire and beers toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I rode the wheeler along the river this afternoon, put on 36 miles from the driveway. In a hoodie to top it off. What a beautiful day.

dbright
    Cambridge

I rode the wheeler along the river this afternoon, put on 36 miles from the driveway. In a hoodie to top it off. What a beautiful day.

Any open water over there on the croix? It usually is about a week behind the rum by me but it is getting close.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Saw a decent number of motorcycles out today. Doing some sand blasting to their chrome. peace

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 382 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.