Leaky rivet repair Delano

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Anybody ever have Anchor Marine fix some leaky rivets… My old late 90’s sylvan 19 Pro Select is getting pretty bad and I would like to not have to gut the boat to fix them. They say they can do it, and I will probably take the boat to them, unless I hear a bunch of bad experiences about them. Feel free to PM me… I know I don’t really like to call out poor products on public forums, because what I consider poor, may be the right answer for the next guy. I had a quote of 6 grand to gut the boat, replace the bad rivets, a put it back together. But the price would go up if the carpet was damaged or any wiring was cut. I hate to put 6K into a $7500 boat. I plan to replace the boat in the next few years anyways, but keep on running it with all the pandemic craziness I have not been able to find the boat I wanted to buy, that was still for sale when I could get there to look. This thing was supposed be the keep me on the water boat when I sold my warrior the fall before the pandemic, until I could find the next used warrior or skeeter to buy. Now I have actually grown pretty fond of the old tub. The 150 EFI Merc runs great and the 9.9 4 stoke kicker is one of those old motors that just purrs right along. And its about 40 grand cheaper then what ever replaces it. If it just didn’t fill the hull faster than the live well… (That was a joke, its not that bad!!)

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Get an estimate from the other place in Delano. I believe it’s like Vic’s or something like that.

Unfortunately I bought a boat where a seller outright lied about the condition. Far from being leak free it leaked like a sieve. And had done so for some time. I had to have the keel strip redone. Vic was significantly cheaper and faster than anchor.

tim hurley

I sold a leaky Jon Boat- and told them! Don’t sell your soul for a few bucks, now for millions, hmmmmmm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.