Lake Ida

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Guys… I am a newbie here but a long time reader… I am looking for some advice on Lake Ida… I am going to head up there for the 4th of July weekend to stay with at my wives family cabin. I have been going there for 15 years and always have been limited to bass and bluegill fishing because that is what her family does. I had my own boat finally up there for one weekend last august and did not catch a walleye. I am hoping that it had more to do with the heat and time of year than my abilities. I am not looking for honey holes or anything just a tip or two to pint me in the right direction. I am not sure what the bait of choice is on that lake… Leech, crawler, or maybe it is like my home lake here in Iowa that is all crankbaits. Also, what depth to start with. I have fished a lake in SW Minnesota quite a bit that the only way to catch them is with a leech and a bobber in the Lilly pads and it can be quite good. Maybe that is the approach I need to take up there too. Any tips would be a huge help. Thanks for the help and if you have questions for NW Iowa or the river in SD I will do what I can to help you out.

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

Lake Ida near Monticello?

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Near Alexandria…

FishNowWorkLater

This is really a late reply, but it’s a low light early morning / evening bite out there. Depending on the time of year and water temp you’ll want to look either at shoreline ~17 – 25′ or mid lake structure…there is plenty of it out there.

The bite was tough this year for me, had better luck on Miltona. I’ll probably give it a go again next weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.