Kicker Motor Bracket

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Picking up a Yamaha T9.9 this weekend to put on my 692. I know the standard practice is to attach them to a panther mount. I have a ladder on the port side and am none too thrilled about moving it. I would have to pull the ladder, fill the holes, and then drill new holes…. Sounds like fun.I could mount it on the starboard side but often fish alone and fear that may cause the boat to ride funny in the water.

My question is… has anyone ever seen a kicker mounted on a sandwich bracket similar to those made for the MK Talons? Why or why not? A little research tells me the Talons are about 30# and the T9.9’s are about 85-90. Not a large enough weight difference to make it impossible with a well thought out design and fabrication. Looking for input…

Thanks in advance.

catnip
    south metro

The issue is more about the torque the kicker would put on the mount than the weight. But if done right I dont see a problem just over engineer it.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

I put a panther static mount on my 692 for my kicker which was just clamped on the back. only issue I had is that the motor is a few inches higher or out of the water now and now mines a little louder than it was before. I have an older merc kicker (1999) so some not all on the exhaust comes out through the prop if that makes sense. other guys comment is correct. I don’t know much about the talon mount but I would think that the torque of the motor will be a issue

692fisherman
    champlin mn

I have also seen kickers on our boats mounted on both sides as well…

mojogunter

Isn’t your livewell on the port side? Fill that and the kicker on starboard will maybe balance the boat out a little better. My former brother in-law has I think a 692 with his kicker on the port side and with the livewell filled it falls to the port side in big waves scary ride for a chicken sh%^ like me.

mojogunter

Scratch that, he has a 690 not a 692

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

There is one there but I have it plugged for storage. Ordered an adjustable panther mount this morning. Will probably end up removing the ladder completely and installing kicker on port side.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.