JT Shiverstick versus TUCR Fusion

• gonehunting

Can someone tell me the difference between a JT Shiverstick and TUCR Fusion? One will likely be my next rod purchase.

MX1825

Don’t know anything about the JT. I have 2 fusions and love them.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have both rods, both are great rods too but there are differences.

The Fusion has a lighter tip and a more gradual transition to the backbone similar to a moderate action open water rod. When using a 1/16oz spoon, you can see a light bite on the tip before feeling it in the blank, almost like a Noodle style rod

The JT Shiver Stick has a faster tip, although I wouldnt call it x-fast. It also has a more powerful backbone and would handle a larger fish better than a Fusion

If Im fishing with the main target being perch or crappie with the odd chance of a small walleye mixed in, I use the Fusion.

If Im fishing for perch/crappie on a lake with more walleye or a chance at a 18″ plus walleye, then I use the Shiver Stick

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have used both and preferred the JT Shiver Stick. I felt with the heaver backbone and faster action tip I had more control over my jig.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I prefer the jt

gonehunting

I will likely be using for perch, crappie and eater walleyes. Thanks for replies thus far.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

The Fusion is really a panfish rod that handles the beefier panfish lures and just inches into the walleye game. I love that rod. Haven’t used the JT. I think it will come down to what application you will use it for most.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

There bros perch sweet heart is also a great rod for what you said.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Thorne Brothers perch sweet heart is also a great rod for what you said.

^ little voice to text help. The Thorne Brothers perch sweetheart is a great blank.

Dan Baker

The Fusion is really a panfish rod that handles the beefier <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>panfish lures and just inches into the <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye game. I love that rod. Haven’t used the JT. I think it will come down to what application you will use it for most.

I haven’t used the JT either, but this is the correct way to think of the Fusion. It’s an aggressive panfish rod, that can handle eater walleye. It’s not a walleye rod that can handle aggressive panfish.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Thorne Brothers <em class=”ido-tag-em”>perch sweet heart is also a great rod for what you said.

^ little voice to text help. The Thorne Brothers perch sweetheart is a great blank.

I really need to start proof reading my messages. That was before my coffee kicked in. Thanks bud

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.