Its Baaack… (Political Post)

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yeesh, this stuff is exhausting. There does seem to be a common denominator among the authors of bills with little to no common sense. Why is it always over educated, metro Democrats?

Jimmy Jones

Yeesh, this stuff is exhausting. There does seem to be a common denominator among the authors of bills with little to no common sense. Why is it always over educated, metro Democrats?

Some of these idiots I’d just love to punch in the nose. Just because.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Why is it always over educated, metro Democrats?

Because over educated, metro Democrats are fun suckers. They like to suck all the fun out of life.

Umy
    South Metro

Everyone’s life BUT THEIR OWN…
    NIMBY’s

Deuces

Authors are more than just the liberal twin cities too, ya got Minnetonka, st.louis park, edina, Brooklyn center, stillwater, and golden valley/robbinsdale in there.

It’s okay to smoke a blunt on the lake but can’t use a lead jig? Wtf

MX1825

SAVE THE LOONS!! I hate those dead loons laying around everywhere. whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This one was already beaten to a pulp a couple weeks ago. Dead horse that has no chance of passing in its current form.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Authors are more than just the liberal twin cities too, ya got Minnetonka, st.louis park, edina, Brooklyn center, stillwater, and golden valley/robbinsdale in there.

This comes as a surprise to a lot of lifetime metro people, but to anyone in the outstate there is little to no difference between MSP/STP, SLP, Edina, BC, GV/Robbinsdale etc. when referencing the “cities”…Stillwater is borderline “cities” or not rotflol

CaptainMusky

This comes as a surprise to a lot of lifetime metro people, but to anyone in the outstate there is little to no difference between MSP/STP, SLP, Edina, BC, GV/Robbinsdale etc. when referencing the “cities”…Stillwater is borderline “cities” or not

Exactly, its the twin cities metro area.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They may force me to buy a lifetime supply.

big_g
    Isle, MN

These posts just help you decide who is really spending their time on worthwhile legislation.. vote accordingly. If you like worthless stuff.. these are your people.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

This comes as a surprise to a lot of lifetime metro people, but to anyone in the outstate there is little to no difference between MSP/STP, SLP, Edina, BC, GV/Robbinsdale etc. when referencing the “cities”…Stillwater is borderline “cities” or not rotflol

Bingo! devil

3Rivers

They may force me to buy a lifetime supply.

I have a lifetime supply, but not much good if you can’t even use it legally.

foulpole18
    North Branch, MN

“Stillwater is borderline “cities” or not”

Stillwater is definitely part of the cities

dirtywater

“Stillwater is borderline “cities” or not”

Stillwater is definitely part of the cities

Stillwater is the freaking boonies are ya kidding me?

The cities are Saint Paul and Minneapolis.

Lovingly,

An over educated metro liberal who is smart enough to know this bill is DOA like all the rest. (But glad y’all have something to shake your fists at on a boring Wednesday.)

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Stillwater is definitely part of the cities. Urban sprawl.

FinnyDinDin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Why is it always over educated, metro Democrats?

Because over educated, metro Democrats are fun suckers. They like to suck all the fun out of life.

Dude I hate to break it to you but that’s been you lately.

FinnyDinDin

How is this a political post? Banning lead tackle is just dumb. I can understand the lead shot ban for waterfowl hunting but our lake bottoms aren’t covered in lead tackle, not even close.

Has anyone seen a dead loon? I am on the water a ton and have never seen one. Never heard of anyone seeing one either. Where are all these loons that are supposedly dying from lead poisoning? When I was young loons were relatively rare. Now they are on every lake or big pond in the northern half of state and a huge area in Canada. I’d say they are doing just fine. Typical government trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exist.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I believe I read a part of the bill that said the banning of lead was for child safety and development of children… Or something along those lines.

WTF?

This idiocracy will continue until they are voted out.
    Remember this kinda stuff when it’s time to vote.

Your choice

bullcans
    Northfield MN

These posts just help you decide who is really spending their time on worthwhile legislation.. vote accordingly. If you like worthless stuff.. these are your people.

Well put big_g waytogo

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I came across a dead loon floating in the slop on Platte Lake two summers ago. I decided to let the bird rest in peace in its natural environment. If it had been floating in more developed areas of the lake I probably would have called the CO.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I would bet that habitat loss and nest destruction from wake boats is a much bigger issue with loons than ingesting lead off the bottom of the lake. It would make a bigger impact if they addressed those issues than banning lead fishing tackle and lead shot in ammo.

Eagles also ingest lead when they pick away at a gut pile of a dead deer taken by a hunter with lead ammo. But the argument there is that the bald eagle population has literally never been higher in North America. Their population is thriving. They’re so common in some areas that they’re like crows.

Reef W

Has anyone seen a dead loon? I am on the water a ton and have never seen one.

We can only conclude that loons are immortal.

FinnyDinDin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FinnyDinDin wrote:</div>
    Has anyone seen a dead loon? I am on the water a ton and have never seen one.

lol lol Long live the loons!

Point was, they aren’t dying off from lead poisoning which is often the justification for the lead tackle ban. When lead shot was used for waterfowl it was blatantly obvious it was a problem in some places.

FinnyDinDin

Eagles also ingest lead when they pick away at a gut pile of a dead deer taken by a hunter with lead ammo. But the argument there is that the bald eagle population has literally never been higher in North America. Their population is thriving. They’re so common in some areas that they’re like crows.

We have way too many avian predators, especially eagles. They should open a season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We have way too many avian predators, especially eagles. They should open a season.

LOL that might be a little aggressive. Can only imagine the response from the public if there was an open season on baldies.

OG Net_Man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FinnyDinDin wrote:</div>

LOL that might be a little aggressive. Can only imagine the response from the public if there was an open season on baldies.

Heck, you can’t even legally pick up a eagle feather laying on the ground.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That made me actually LOL Reef.

I would bet that habitat loss and nest destruction from wake boats is a much bigger issue with loons than ingesting lead off the bottom of the lake. It would make a bigger impact if they addressed those issues than banning lead fishing tackle and lead shot in ammo.

Have we even confirmed Loons are facing problems? From my anecdotal experience there’s more loons than ever, my parents lake usually has a couple dozen on it each summer, there are 100 more lakes like it within 10 miles, and you can hear their calls jumping from one lake to the next in the morning. As far as habitat loss/nest destruction from wake boats, I strongly doubt that as well, since there are multiple loon nests right by the public access that are full every year, and that is also the busiest part of the lake for wakeboats.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.