Is anyone fishing Pool 4?

• snelson223
    Austin MN

I haven’t heard anything for a couple of weeks how the fishing is on Pool 4. Is anyone even trying it?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I haven’t heard anything for a couple of weeks how the fishing is on Pool 4. Is anyone even trying it?

Last I heard a couple days ago it was slow going, not sure why tho !

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

If your talking fishing from a boat it might have something to do with the temps outside the past 2 weeks whistling whistling whistling

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

I would say in the past two weeks we have had 20 boats launch out of Everts. The cold weather and repairs at the power plant are the recipe for a long cold winter.

It sounds like they are nearing completion of repairs at Xcel and should be generating warm water within a week or so. That coupled with warmer air temperatures should make these pool 4 fish turn the feed bag on. I will keep my fingers crossed.

By the way, we still have some cabin openings for the spring bite as well as a lot of dates open in June, July and August. Great fishing can be had within feet (literally) of our docks all summer long.

Visit the accommodations page at http://www.evertsfishingresort.com to see cabin availability.

Jordan

The reactor is currently on the rise to full power. It is now generating more heat and warmer water should be starting to flow through. Anywhere from the 20th-25th it will be at full power…well hopefully.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

little ice

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20160214091846377.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks cold but still looks about a hundred times better than standing on ice.

bigshooter
    Rogers, Minnesota

Anybody have a current water temp now that the reactor is back online?

Thanks.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m still scratching my head on this whole “reactor down” thing.

Looking at the history of when 1 reactor is down or not doesn’t show up in the river gauge readings.

At -15 or -20 the river locks up whether 1 or 2 reactors are running.
    Fish still need to eat and even IF a reactor made a 2 degree difference, is 34 or 36 degrees going to effect their metabolism that much?

To that end, I wonder what’s going to happen if Xcel starts proceeding with it’s 18 month study to shutting down the two reactors before their operating license expires in 2034?

shock

Feb 7th – 34.9
    Feb 9th – 33.7
    Feb 14th – 33.4

There you go big shooter.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If your talking fishing from a boat it might have something to do with the temps outside the past 2 weeks whistling whistling whistling

Missed your post Wood! LOL! waytogo

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

To that end, I wonder what’s going to happen if Xcel starts proceeding with it’s 18 month study to shutting down the two reactors before their operating license expires in 2034?

Thankfully I won’t be here to listen to all the sniveling. I can already hear the tinkle of breaking ice. My prediction is that aluminum boat sales will soar.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.