ION battery life?

• AaronMoore

How long does the ION battery in the ION auger last on average? 200 charges 500charges? or is it based on years?

Welder guy

I’m on year 5 with the same battery , typical weekend warrior type fishing maybe 30 hole average per trip

AaronMoore

You about the same as me, and mine just took a dump on me.

AaronMoore

Your about the same as me, and mine just took a dump on me.

Smellson

I’d say about the same. I think my ion is 5 or 6yrs old and the original battery is noticeably weaker. Still punches holes fine for my ice castle when it’s warm but it has gotten very sensitive to being left out in the cold.

AaronMoore

If its fully charge it will do 5 or so holes in 7″ then it bogs down and won’t cut, lift it up off the ice and works fine. Any pressure and it stops. Looks like I got to find one on sale

JoeMX1825
    MN

My original ion batteries were 6&7 years old and both were still going strong. I made sure to throw them on the charger every month for 30 minutes in the offseason just to always top them off.

I now have 2 x 6ah G2 batteries i’m hoping perform the same…

gimp

so when it come to auger batteries think about your vehicle batteries if they last 3 years you are lucky, keep them all charged and they might last longer for you.

jaybird1

Typical cycle life of a good quality designed Li-Ion battery pack like a 40V or 24V Strikemaster product is around 500 FULL charge and DISCHARGE cycles. I would not be surprised to see packs run 10 years depending on usage.
    How the battery pack is designed for protection, safety and cell manufacturer used is very important to achieve good cycle life.
    There is no memory effect like nickel based chemistries so you don’t have to worry about full discharging your Li-ion pack.
    During fishing season, try your best to keep your pack warm prior to use especially if temps are below 4 degrees F.
    At the end of season fully charge your Li-ion battery pack, store it somewhere around 50-80F and you will be good to go for next season.
    Also once you start to notice your Li-ion battery starting to lose significant run time you will not have much time left before it needs to be replaced.

michael keehr

As dumb as this may sound I store all my lithium ion batteries in my garage fridge in the crisper drawer. I am still running a 6 year old ion and have not noticed any loss of battery can still drill the 40 holes or so I would normally drill In a day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.