insulated bibs

• nebfishing

What is the best banng for your buck when it comes to ice fishing bibs? I am from Nebraska. Its windy alot during the winter. Any ideas?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

End of the season closeouts.
    Do a search on here and you will find many reviews and posts.

404 ERROR
    MN

Bang for the buck, Frabill. Their CS is good and I have a set going on 8 years. It’s rattered and tattered, but it still works good.

Striker will be your best quality, but the $ reflects.

Since you’re from Nebraska, I would look into a good set of fishing specific rain gear that has padding. It will give you the wind blocking capabilities and you can layer underneath for warmth. Your ice season is significantly shorter than your northern neighbors, so you will get more use out of this setup.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I like striker ice climate suit for its versatility.
    Named the Ferrari of ice fishing suits it comes with cost.
    Been wearing them since introduction.

Because of the layers, vents, etc. It sees use from September through April.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If you can’t wait for the end of season closeouts, Dick’s Sporting Goods has been running a 25% off sale on Black Friday/Cyber Monday for the last few years… The good is that size selection is probably the best it will ever be for the season, the bad is that you’re placing an order the same time millions of other people are and order screw-ups are pretty common…

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I picked up the insulated/padded Cabelas Guidewear Goretex bibs late last year just because my Ice Armor ones are close o the end. I have use the Cabelas Guidewear Goretex insulated parka and it is very warm

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

another stiker climate suit owner here. I would highly recommend it however im not sure its the right suit for you being that your ice season is so short. One thing not mentioned yet is that it floats which is handy of course in potentially saving your life. Hard to put a price on that.

travis mccolley

I have had the climate suit for 3 years now. Love it and would never go back

Ice shows you can save about 25%, and every couple of years scheels does some cool stuff as well.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a strike suit and wouldn’t turn back from it. Last season fishing a contest with no shelters I stayed warm from 530 am to noon when it ended. No shelters and it was -10. The jack Daniel’s fire helped a little I think to

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I have the Striker Predator bibs and couldn’t be more happy. I never been cold or wet in them. They are great and I would have no problem recommending Striker gear.

nebfishing

TO EVERYONE..thanks for the replies. It always comes down to price and safety. I just started ice fishing last year and I am addicted. Next step is ice hub or sled…

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Mossi Flotex bibs!

I can honestly say these have been by FAR the best bib’s I’ve every owned. Sometimes they can actually be too warm. They are 100% waterproof…oh, and did I mention they float?

https://www.amazon.com/Mossi-Mantis-Heavy-Polyester-Black/dp/B005E0WHDO?th=1

Amazon has certain sizes around $60 but you can also find them at Fleet farm for around $60-75 (about 1/2 off).

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I would say the best bang for your buck would be the striker predator bibs. Bibs are one thing you do not want to go cheap with. I choose the predator versus the climate because they come in tall sizes but I can say I’ve have never had issues with it not keeping me warm. I would expect the temps in NE the climate might actually be too warm. I would also think that with the shorter season you have you may be more likely to experience inconsistent ice conditions which is all the more reason to make sure you have a floating suit.

Will

Shawn30

I have the Striker Ice bibs and coat for Fishing in CO. I didn’t think they were expensive for what they are. Water proof, Breathable, flotation, and insulated. I searched ebay for prices and went with the best price and at the time it was Reeds. Those things are like having a shelter when you don’t have one, amazing at cutting the wind.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.