Illinois River Sauger

• glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Well the Mississippi down this way has to much water and the Illinois doesn’t have enough !!! But the sauger bite isn’t suffering here on the Illinois. Trips Wed,Fri,Sat produced lots of fish and limits of “eaters” every outing. And the size is starting to swing toward what we’re used to in the fall here. Our best presentation has been #7 floating Rapalas on 3 ways. Char/pearl and orange has been the best colors. I did notice the guys pulling 3 ways & live bait are catching a good amount of fish also and the jiggers. It seems the better quality fish have come on the stick baits though. River is low with very little current. Ramps on the main river are your best bet. Also witnessed two commercial fishing boats Wed with so many Asian Carp pulled over into their boats from there nets that I thought they were gonna sink when they left to go in!!!! Hopefully they can make a difference

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Also witnessed two commercial fishing boats Wed with so many Asian Carp pulled over into their boats from there nets that I thought they were gonna sink when they left to go in!!!! Hopefully they can make a difference

That sound like a dirty job for Mike Rowe to film! I hope they wipe me out. Good luck as your fall rolls on

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.