If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching

• Great Laker

It is amazing to me how so many people can just deny the last ~400 years of history in our country… like “nope, didn’t happen, nothing to see here!”. Lots of people must have skipped out on history class in school.

Fowldreams55398

If people think Kapernick disrespected the flag they don’t get it. How many black people have to be killed illegally by the cops before enough is enough? One is to many.
    No matter what color your skin, it’s totally unacceptable.

jester jester

Look up Tucker Carson and watch fifteen minutes of footage. More whites by far have been killed by cops than blacks. You don’t want to believe this! Can’t believe this thread is still going with this crap. Don’t worry Jake will jump in too. chased

big_g
    Isle, MN

It is amazing to me how so many people can just deny the last ~400 years of history in our country… like “nope, didn’t happen, nothing to see here!”. Lots of people must have skipped out on history class in school.

The Country is 244 years old so….. maybe you slept a little. coffee

mojogunter

Well not that it matters, I can’t care less about players kneeling during the national anthem. I have bigger things to worry about than something like that. It also must mean most here must be living pretty good lives if they get bent out of shape about something like this. Don’t watch football then. I haven’t watched after 1998 when I realized the Vikings have no chance of winning a Super Bowl.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Not that it matters, but lots of throwing it around…. nobody should be shot/killed by police, unless they are a real threat.

STATS

Fowldreams55398

Not that it matters, but lots of throwing it around…. nobody should be shot/killed by police, unless they are a real threat.

STATS

Big G
    Most of these people don’t want to know the truth! The stats go along with my last post. WELL DONE!!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Lots of people must have skipped out on history class in school.

Do they even teach history in school anymore? So much has been censored out, rewritten or erased altogether because it was deemed no longer in the parameters of “political correctness” crazy

Literature (books) have been erased from school curriculum as well.

Writing (penmanship) is long gone and probably spelling too since students or everyone else for that matter is dependent on “spell check” enabled devices.

Grammar? Ha, anyone remember there was early learning called Grammar school?

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

STATS

Big G
    Most of these people don’t want to know the truth! The stats go along with my last post. WELL DONE!!

Is this the truth you were alluding to?

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 429 civilians having been shot, 88 of whom were Black, as of June 4, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 30 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Crappieguy133 wrote:</div>

STATS

Big G

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 429 civilians having been shot, 88 of whom were Black, as of June 4, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 30 fatal shootings per million of the population as of June 2020.

Math is hard.

Beast

Not trying to pour gas on the fire, But could it be one race is on the incline for violent crime and one is on the decline? seems we have more Minority officers on force than ever before.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

I say we take Beast, Dutch, Jake, and coletrain and put them on a all-day charter on LOTW with a couple coolers full of cold beer.

I’m in for $50. Who’s with me?

Scott

Coletrain27

I say we take Beast, Dutch, Jake, and coletrain and put them on a all-day charter on LOTW with a couple coolers full of cold beer.

Scott

Let me know at least a couple weeks in advance so I can get off work

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

The first 19 or so Africans to reach the British colonies arrived in Point Comfort, Virginia, near Jamestown, in 1619, brought by British privateers who had seized them from a captured Portuguese slave ship. Slaves were usually baptized in Africa before embarking.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Great Laker wrote:</div>

The Country is 244 years old so….. maybe you slept a little. coffee

He was wide awake The first 19 or so Africans to reach the British colonies arrived in Point Comfort, Virginia, near Jamestown, in 1619, brought by British privateers who had seized them from a captured Portuguese slave ship. Slaves were usually baptized in Africa before embarking.

Fowldreams55398

STATS

Big G

The data in the graph shows nothing of the sort with the text you pulled from below. What my earlier posted video and get back to me. Nobody seems to give a sh*t at all with the blacks dying daily in Chicago. This culture isn’t going to change. Kneel for the anthem. Who cares! The problem is still the demographic not willing to change.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>

STATS

Big G

The data in the graph shows nothing of the sort with the text you pulled from below. What my earlier posted video and get back to me. Nobody seems to give a sh*t at all with the blacks dying daily in Chicago. This culture isn’t going to change. Kneel for the anthem. Who cares! The problem is still the demographic not willing to change.

What the text below the graph includes is a hyperlink to the graph detailing the rate of fatal police shootings by ethnicity based on population.
    It disproportionately affects minorities.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Scott

Hey you’re either on something or onto something there! It’s got to be live streamed tho. Maybe do it from a mille lacs charter instead? That way we can get some bonus discussion on the regs in place on the pond…..must see tv there.

Got to get some of the pro mask guys in on this too!

Karry Kyllo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Karry Kyllo wrote:</div>
    If people think Kapernick disrespected the flag they don’t get it. How many black people have to be killed illegally by the cops before enough is enough? One is to many.
    No matter what color your skin, it’s totally unacceptable.

jester jester

Look up Tucker Carson and watch fifteen minutes of footage. More whites by far have been killed by cops than blacks. You don’t want to believe this! Can’t believe this thread is still going with this crap. Don’t worry Jake will jump in too. chased

You don’t get it either. You are against ending racism in this country?

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>

STATS

Big G

Ok, here’s another graph for you that is very easy to understand….if you understand what rate means.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

Besox

Now post the same for violent crimes committed just for fun….

Beast

Scott
    Jake from state Farm? he sounds hideous.

shady5

I think most people would agree that judging someone by their race is completely ignorant irrespective of who is doing it. That said, there are a few people here arguing vehemently that racism is rampant in America, which is fine, but I hope their vigor goes beyond posting a few comments on a fishing website. There are many volunteering opportunities that can make a real difference in black communities and I would like those of you articulating the most passion for change to provide what ACTIONS you’re taking to help black communities.

B-man

Now post the same for violent crimes committed just for fun….

That would be racist…… coffee

Gitchi Gummi

Scott

Sounds like a great idea! It wouldn’t be my first time volunteering my time and resources to the take a kid fishing day!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Scott Gergen wrote:</div>

Scott

Hey you’re either on something or onto something there! It’s got to be live streamed tho. Maybe do it from a mille lacs charter instead? That way we can get some bonus discussion on the regs in place on the pond…..must see tv there.

Got to get some of the pro mask guys in on this too!

rotflol
    eyeguy, this did make me laugh…kind of like some sort of comic relief in the middle of a horror flick. Your humor was well placed IMO.

And to further “color” this live streamed outing, I’m certain that the bonus discussion on the regs would ultimately twist and turn into “opinions” on how tribal spring time spawn gill netting affects the no keep walleyes rule for the white man.

There…we’ve done it, this thread could only so long without Mille Lacs issues polluting the whole discussion.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Let them kneel. Then bring the draft back and grab them right out of high school. Defer their scholarships until they’ve put in 4 years active. No service, no play. For that matter make driver’s licenses dependent on gpa’s in high school. This wouldn’t target any color and be unilateral throughout the country. The biggest problem with all races today is they think the country owes them something for being what they are. 4 years of active would allow them to grow up and find out that if you want something you work for it and that if you don’t want interaction with law enforcement, don’t break the law.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Scott

Interesting concept. But, much like major league baseball players i’m not taking a paycut for your entertainment. $50 per member (not posting member, registered member) and then get back to me. BTW, other then this post I been outa this for quite a while. But glad to know so many are thinking about me. waytogo grin

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Scott Gergen wrote:</div>

Scott

Interesting concept. But, much like major league baseball players i’m not taking a paycut for your entertainment. $50 per member (not posting member, registered member) and then get back to me. BTW, other then this post I been outa this for quite a while. But glad to know so many are thinking about me. waytogo grin

Any such venture would need to be approved by the board of directors for the dutchboy fan club. We have an image to protect after all

Bob Erfish

People are so sensitive to the topic of racism that it’s offensive to tell the truth about it. I don’t consider myself racist at all, I agree with the recent peaceful protests. I hire people and treat all people equally based off their work ethic. I say hello when I walk past a black man the same I would to a white or Asian man. Live and let live, I have no problem with anyone.

But if I made the statement that it would make sense that a disproportionate amount of minorities get shot by police because a disproportionate amount of minorities commit crime, I would be labeled a racist, even though all the stats the criminal justice system have to offer would prove that to be an accurate statement.

Drew Brees said he didn’t support taking a knee. That was his choice, he has every right not to accept that as reasonable protest. He was absolutely slammed by the media and his own teammates, called a racist. We’re at the point where if you disagree with anything a black man does you’re labeled a racist.
    I don’t care for that one bit.

Sorry, that was long winded- rant over

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching’ is closed to new replies.