If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching

• Beast

I see Goodell caving in, If they want to show unity and take a knee, do it after the anthem, during it is just disrespectful. there’s a reason they cover a coffin of the fallen service member, it’s the highest honor a nation can show it’s fallen, and I have seen too many of them in my life for high paid athletes to disrespect they’re memory.

That is your right for sure. Doesn’t bother me either way. They have only been on the field for the anthem for the last 10-15 years which was non-coincidentally the same time the NFL signed monster ad deals with the military. Before that they were in the locker room getting last minute therapy etc. Every single salute to the troops and father being reunited with their family surprise is bought and paid for ad space. I find the NFL making millions of dollars off of those types of things just as offensive and disrespectful to the sacrifice our military members make.

bigpike

Sports in general: if it becomes a sociol reform platform in our face like it is now I am done with it. I have not missed it as much as I thought. I will have more time for hunting, fishing and projects around my house. The media plays this up because it’s part of there agenda so I’m guessing my sports watching days are over. Furthermore removing my sports package from my tv will save me $$$ = more $$$ for fishing gear, hunting gear and charitable giving I am concerned about.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If this thread gets 100 responses 99 will say they are done. But the NFL will come back bigger & stronger this fall then ever before.

The NFL owners pay this guy over $40 million a year to make them rich. He’s not really to concerned what a handful of guys on a fishing site think.

Chris Norlock

The only disrespectful knee I have seen was on George Floyd’s neck

Gitchi Gummi

I see Goodell caving in, If the want to show unity and take a knee, do it after the anthem, during it is just disrespectful. there’s a reason they cover a coffin of the fallen service member, it’s the highest honor a nation can show it’s fallen, and I have seen too many of them in my life for high paid athletes to disrespect they’re memory.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you are white?

If this thread gets 100 responses 99 will say they are done. But the NFL will come back bigger & stronger this fall then ever before.

The NFL owners pay this guy over $40 million a year to make them rich. He’s not really to concerned what a handful of guys on a fishing site think.

Goodell did take a one month pay cut this spring so he is only going to make 36+ million this year. He is suffering too dutch

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am laxing my stance on kneeling in wake of what has gone on. If you are in line and kneeling I am fine with it. But I think I recall some players sitting on the bench and not being attentive to the anthem. That ain’t cool.

Gitchi Gummi

Pretty sad when a football player kneeling during the national anthem in silent protest outrages people more than a white police officer kneeling on the back of a defenseless African Americans neck and kills him. White privilege much?

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

It never was about the flag.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    I see Goodell caving in, If the want to show unity and take a knee, do it after the anthem, during it is just disrespectful. there’s a reason they cover a coffin of the fallen service member, it’s the highest honor a nation can show it’s fallen, and I have seen too many of them in my life for high paid athletes to disrespect they’re memory.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you are white?

Last I recalled, many Black men died in service too this country., quit trying to make everything about race.

sji

Knell….the sound of a bell. Especially when rung for a death or funeral.

Seems fitting to me.

Chris Norlock

The whole topic is about race @Beast

I assume you mean THEY but cant spell just like KNELL .. so who is THEY?

Gitchi Gummi

Last I recalled, many Black men died in service too this country., quit trying to make everything about race.

Yes, you are right. And they still faced racism when returning home to the states after putting their life on the line for this country. You being oblivious to that is exactly the problem trying to be addressed right now.

Honest question, do you feel racism is a problem in America? I would appreciate an honest and constructive answer.

Beast

They are the players and coaches of the NFL, who do you think? and thanks for pointing out my spelling errors, I missed them completely.

Gitchi Gummi

+1. Racist people have a hard time understanding that.

What COVID and racism have in common is people don’t believe they exist if they haven’t affected them personally.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Pretty sad when a football player kneeling during the national anthem in silent protest outrages people more than a white police officer kneeling on the back of a defenseless African Americans neck and kills him. White privilege much?

Whats sad is some wannabe shows up preaching what we all should be saying or doing. News flash for ya. You aren’t a bit better then the rest of us. You are made out of the same skin & bone as the rest of us. You don’t have a clue if kneeling on Floyds neck bothers us more then NFL players kneeling during the anthem. You just assume (being the rightous fellow you are) that you know. Tell us Jake, is it a burden being so much smarter then us?

And for those just tuning in……….Jake has made his position (and our incompetence) very well known throughout many threads here recently. It’s not only this thread.

OK Jake, the platform is yours. Lay out in detail just how each and everyone of us should feel and act.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KwickStick wrote:</div>

+1. Racist people have a hard time understanding that.

It is about the flag in my eyes, you can put any spin on it that gives you that “I feel the pain moment.”
    I’d have no problem If they want to take a knee after, lock arms, have a moment a silence, or what ever, But not during the anthem

Beast

Honest question, do you feel racism is a problem in America? I would appreciate an honest and constructive answer.

Of course I do, but you understand it can go both ways right?

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

I am laxing my stance on kneeling in wake of what has gone on. If you are in line and kneeling I am fine with it. But I think I recall some players sitting on the bench and not being attentive to the anthem. That ain’t cool.

Kaepernick initially started the protest by sitting on the bench during the anthem. He then met with former Green Beret Nate Boyer to discuss the issue after Boyer penned an open letter.
    They agreed that kneeling would be more appropriate and respectful.

Well documented online if you wish to read more into it.

Coletrain27

I quit watching the nfl 2-3 years ago when they started the whole kneeling thing. Haven’t watched a single game since then and don’t miss it one bit moon

It’s actually nice having your sundays back and get out of the house!

Gitchi Gummi

Whats sad is some wannabe shows up preaching what we all should be saying or doing. News flash for ya. You aren’t a bit better then the rest of us. You are made out of the same skin & bone as the rest of us. You don’t have a clue if kneeling on Floyds neck bothers us more then NFL players kneeling during the anthem. You just assume (being the rightous fellow you are) that you know. Tell us Jake, is it a burden being so much smarter then us?

And for those just tuning in……….Jake has made his position (and our incompetence) very well known throughout many threads here recently. It’s not only this thread.

OK Jake, the platform is yours. Lay out in detail just how each and everyone of us should feel and act.

Step one would be acknowledging it is a problem and not getting upset at people trying to bring awareness to this issue. If people can’t understand it was never about the flag, you are missing the point of the peaceful protest.

Gitchi Gummi

Kaepernick initially started the protest by sitting on the bench during the anthem. He then met with former Green Beret Nate Boyer to discuss the issue after Boyer penned an open letter.

Well said. Sadly people will focus on the kneeling instead of the core issue at hand. Stop the racial and social injustices, then there is no kneeling, there is no protesting, there is no rioting.

Coletrain27

Well said. Sadly people will focus on the kneeling instead of the core issue at hand. Stop the racial and social injustices, then there is no kneeling, there is no protesting, there is no rioting.

So I’m curious, do you think there is racism on one side or both sides?

Dink buster

On a lighter note, I quit watching years ago when I realized the Vikings would never win a super bowl

Beast

Bottom line when I started this tread it was about respecting the flag, But some are so hell bent on making this about racism, maybe they feel it should be, maybe it makes them feel good like they are a part of Change. Maybe because it’s the flavor of the day, But this is the country we grew up in, right or wrong with it’s flaws, and there’s allot worse places to live.
    The flag represents this country, Don’t disrespect it for a cause, work for your cause.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

On a lighter note, I quit watching years ago when I realized the Vikings would never win a super bowl

chased jester

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My time spent watching the NFL has declined sharply. It has nothing to do with kneeling, a flag, Kaepernick, or anything else. The purest form of the sport is played on Friday nights. There are no instant replays, no goal line cameras, no score reviews, no excessive TV stoppages, no rules keeping a QB from being knocked over, no political statements, etc. The league will continue to earn record profits regardless of what is said on this forum. However, it has become a completely different sport than what I’ve coached and played over the years. It’s closer to the WWE than it is hometown high school football.

For those of you who are fed up with what the NFL has become, take a few Friday nights and go support your town’s high school team. While watching, keep in-mind the near daily off season workouts these kids put in during the hottest days of the year for a measly 10-12 nights in the Fall. In my biased opinion, those nights under the lights are impossible to beat for spectators or players. Every year my following of the NFL erodes, but my love for what kids do and learn at the high school level grows.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Stop playing the anthem at sporting events. Problem solved.

Although, I seriously doubly anyone would actually stop watching if the take a knee.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching’ is closed to new replies.