If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching

• Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don’t worryaboutit wrote:</div>
    I’m sorry but his history is irrelevant. Good guy, bad guy, doesn’t matter. As for the drugs? Addiction is a terrible thing.

Exactly! Under this proposed logic, the police can murder anyone they want in cold blood as long as they have some sort of criminal history. Makes complete sense!

So your saying a guy that broke into a pregnant women’s house and pointed a gun at her for drug money way back in 2009 couldn’t have gotten help for addiction in 10 years? He obviously didn’t want to help himself

Bob Erfish

Oh yeah, and of the 6 officers involved in the death of Freddie Gray, 3 were black. Is black on black crime part of systemic racism as well?

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    What question?

Hopefully Trumps blatant disrespect for the national anthem as displayed here (https://youtu.be/hBjpPH2wmbQ) upsets you all as much as the “knelling” by NFL players during the anthem. If not, please explain.

… still waiting

Jeez I never saw any kneeling in that video…

Bob Erfish

Here’s another gem from your list- please respond to why this is systemic racism Jake.

Dominic Hutchinson was fatally shot by police officers. The officers were responding to a call of domestic violence, Mr. Hutchinson was yelling at the cops that he had a gun, when the police opened the door he rushed at them pointing a pair of binoculars he had broken. The investigation ruled it a clear case of suicide by police.

Please Jake, explain how this was systemic racism, and how that long list of names you posted is supposed to have any credibility after putting names like this on there where the police absolutely acted within reason?

Fish To Escape

Addiction is pretty tough coletrain. Most people fail to get past it even with help. You seem like a very caring person. It must be very hollow to go through life unable to have sympathy for anyone else’s plight.

If you don’t see any disrespect for the anthem or the flag in that video then I am truly impressed at your level of self delusion

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>
    Why don’t we ask a veteran if they think kneeling during the national anthem is acceptable or unacceptable?

So I’ve been debating answering this question because even though I’m a recent veteran, to identify myself like that on a day like today (D-Day) still makes me feel small as literally millions of other veterans before me did much, and I mean extremely much more than me, and boy am I grateful for it.

My OPINION is that I do not like disrespecting the flag or our nation.

My official STANCE is that I respect and support it because I respect and honor the constitution and our laws.

That’s where so many people get hypocritical and act like they support some rights but not others. You cannot run your mouth about “don’t touch our guns” but then criticize people expressing their freedom of speech. What are you getting at when you do that? You also can’t use the flag or national pride as a prop, such as our president hugging it at the CPAC convention, that’s just pandering and stupid.

So I personally think the flag should be respected and I would rather people do that. But since many aren’t, which is their right, I’ll not only respect their right to do so but listen to the conversations they’re trying to start and hope that we can all get to a better place where they don’t feel they need to do that.

A lot of folks get into “pick a side” mentality but hopefully I was able to articulate what I meant as I’m trying to show that you don’t have to alienate one side of anything just because of your views.

Thanks for responding Dan and thanks for your patriotism.

Coletrain27

Addiction is pretty tough coletrain. Most people fail to get past it even with help. You seem like a very caring person. It must be very hollow to go through life unable to have sympathy for anyone else’s plight.

If you don’t see any disrespect for the anthem or the flag in that video then I am truly impressed at your level of self delusion

Did he attend treatment? If so how many times? That would be interesting to know. I know over 6 people personally that have done it. The bottom line is that the person needs to want to change for the better and better themselves. If he didn’t attend treatment and seek help after going to prison how can you have sympathy for him?

Bob Erfish

The drug addiction angle is weak. So what if he was high, or had been high, or was a flat out criminal. He was cuffed behind his back, the game was over. His knee was on his neck for about 8 minutes and 30 seconds too long. It’s pretty easy for any open minded person to see that the officer didn’t need to keep his knee on him, c’mon guys

Bob Erfish

Did he attend treatment? If so how many times? That would be interesting to know. I know over 6 people personally that have done it. The bottom line is that the person needs to want to change for the better and better themselves. If he didn’t attend treatment and seek help after going to prison how can you have sympathy for him?
    [/quote]

Is there a number of times somebody needs to attend treatment to justify not being killed?? This guy reportedly tried to pass a fake $20, that’s deserving of a death sentence to be served on the street??

Coletrain27

Why didn’t he just get into the damn car and none of this would have happened? Who knows what was going through his head if he was on meth?

Bob Erfish

I know what was going through his head, it was “mama”, “they going to kill me” and “I can’t breathe”

You don’t have to like the man, respect the man, or have any sympathy for the man. Nothing he did was an excuse for what the officer did

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I think a really good way for systemic change would be for a bunch of the protesters that know what needs to change, go sign up at the police academy. Be the change.

39degrees

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jake wrote:</div>

What question?

Hopefully Trumps blatant disrespect for the national anthem as displayed here (https://youtu.be/hBjpPH2wmbQ) upsets you all as much as the “knelling” by NFL players during the anthem. If not, please explain.

… still waiting

Would someone please explain why the commander in chief’s conduct in this video is less disrespectful than taking a knee?

Bob Erfish

I think a really good way for systemic change would be for a bunch of the protesters that know what needs to change, go sign up at the police academy. Be the change.

Another great idea. Work hard, join the force, be the change you’re looking for.

There was a story about a black fireman who was also the owner of a bar that was burnt down in the rioting. Spent his life savings on that bar. This man did not let the system keep him down, he worked hard and earned everything he had. If young black men, all youths for that matter, looked up to people like this instead of rappers, gangsters, and athletes the world would be a better place. My $.02

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Why didn’t he just get into the damn car and none of this would have happened? Who knows what was going through his head if he was on meth?

maybe because Chauvin kept calling him by the N word? body cams don’t catch audio when they aint on.

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

Last I recalled, many Black men died in service too this country., quit trying to make everything about race

I agree 1000%. The Flag represents all the sacrifces made for this country….paid for with pain, suffering and life itself. Sadly these milionaire LOSERS feel the need to bring attention to themselves and spit in the face of everyone who paid the price so they had the right to be disrespectful. I was done watching when the NFL and coaches did nothing to put an end to it.

Lou W

Very seldom will I tune into a pro game except maybe hockey occasionally. Over the years the strikes, lockouts, bad/criminal behavior ….I tired of the nonsense and spend my time fishing, golfing, hunting, hiking etc.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

If you got angry about the whole taking a knee thing before, then your head is going to explode this season. You’re basically done with the NFL if that really bothered you because everyone including the waterboy is going to be doing it anytime and all the time this season.

Maybe watch curling or professional darts instead.

Grouse

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

If you got angry about the whole taking a knee thing before, then your head is going to explode this season. You’re basically done with the NFL if that really bothered you because everyone including the waterboy is going to be doing it anytime and all the time this season.

Maybe watch curling or professional darts instead.

Grouse

Rule changes and poor officiating has done more to sour my feelings about the NFL than the kneeling issue.

big_g
    Isle, MN

To be clear, nobody deserves to Be murdered while being arrested. Also to be clear, to make a martyr out of a career junkie criminal and hold him up for young people, sends the wrong message. To disallow funerals for thousands of people and then hold one, with senators and governors attending, is not deserved by a jumkie. According to gov goofys own words, by attending the funeral of a junkie, he risked all our lives from further spreading of covid 19… for a junkie he never met or cared about before his murder.

Fish To Escape

I believe his actual words were more along the lines that the funeral wasn’t a good idea for public health but that it was a situation with international implications without a good solution.

I would assume a bunch of people are going to tell you that you should be running for Governor like I should be running for president and the protesters should be in the police academy right?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Why shouldn’t people that want change be trying to change the system from the inside. Just to be clear, I have no problem with the protesters, I wish they would social distance a bit better, but having people get involved with the institutions that need to change seems like the best, logical idea I have for the largest and quickest long term change.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Jake, I agree with some of the points you’ve made, but that video you posted is absolute trash. Only black people go to inner city public schools? Only whites live in the suburbs? All white kids go to prestigious colleges? All black peoples are being held down by the system? C’mon man, your better than that.

Or that the father is in the home. Until they address the real issues, nothing changes.

39degrees

What question?

… still waiting

Would someone please explain why the commander in chief’s conduct in this video is less disrespectful than taking a knee?

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Beast, sorry your thread got hijacked.

Bob Erfish

Fish to Escape- honest question, do you think that is out of line to suggest that black men join the police academy if they want to see change?
    I honestly think it’s a great idea. If you want change you have to ask yourself what’s the best way to make it happen? Marching down the street asking for government help to make racism go away is a fools errand. Real change can only happen when protestors decide to do something meaningful

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

It never was about the flag.

Honest question, do you feel racism is a problem in America? I would appreciate an honest and constructive answer.

Of course I do, but you understand it can go both ways right?

Like there where good people on both sides ? Nope! I served with people of color in the USN , what Kapernick was taking a knee for just happened to George Floyd ,it was never ever about the flag ! For some reason people do not want to acknowledge that. Turning a blind eye will not make it go away .

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘If they kneel during the Anthem I may be done watching’ is closed to new replies.