IDO Show Ideas, Topics, Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

• JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Realtionships…ahh, A missing link. More story telling please. Interested in the catch sometimes but the pageantry of fishing with family and friends and making memories is more important. Bring yer gal and kids if you got em. Bring a newbie to fishing instead of a guide. Showcase the love a sportsman in the great outdoors and spin a yarn sometime. screw the harvest and sell the journey from time to time.

krappiekilla
    Zimmerman, MN

With the deteriorating ice conditions it would be nice to see a wader fishing episode again. The stretch of the Mississippi around Monticello, MN for smallies would be a good change-up!

Adam Betz

Hey guys I live way up in northern Canada and would love to see more shows up this way. I’m in the Northwest Territories and know that’s a long way to go but there are plenty trophy producing lakes and rivers with lodges on them.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I am just wondering on the podcast or off shoot vignettes that James was talking about to supplement shows. I was hoping that we would see more of them and that in those they would further discuss the strategy and set up for that past show. I was hoping they would have two short videos on set up for tackle etc from last show and then also maybe short video further going into how they determined where to fish.

I know that those small videos require maybe more time to do then I think but I was thinking they could shoot them while on the ice while doing normal filming they don’t have to do in studio to require extra time.

Anyway I like the show this year the weather has been non-cooperative just was hoping for the smaller videos.

Kfactor

Would love to see a few summer shoes

I know this one has been said before, and I am sure you will do it again but the Pool 4 shows, on either Blade Baits, or plastics is too good. So many folks are down there already, but it never gets old!

Al Case

I’d love to see a show on shore fishing for cohos/steelhead/salmon on the North Shore, as well as fishing just off of shore.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

It would be cool to watch a show where u take a Ido Member out with u on the river .my schedule can be cleared fast hint hint

dj00140

Boundary waters episode would be dope.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Lake Superior coho.

Lake Michigan kings. Trolling.

St. Croix white bass.

Metro carp.

I know you like to keep things current but I really think a couple more saved up summer shows will get people jacked for spring and summer. The spot on the spot segment is an awesome idea but it’s easily forgotten when a short window bite is over. Airing a show before the bite or season begins gets people excited. I used to love watching open water shows in the middle of winter. Takes away some of the cabin fever.

I personally think that sticking to that format is getting old. Gillespie and Larry Smith are doing the week to week thing too and sometimes you guys are following each other around.

Airing the rainy episode after the season is over has much less impact that airing it weeks before it ends.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Whatever you do just don’t start screaming at the guy reeling in the fish like Gillespie does. Could never fish with that guy.

I would love to see less commercials. I know you guys have bills (probably large bills) to pay but this year especially it seems like they are painfully long. I watch on youtube and have seen some 3 minute breaks with the same commercials over and over and over again. Again, I understand it has to happen but just seems like there is a lot less footage of fishing this year.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I would love to see less commercials. I know you guys have bills (probably large bills) to pay but this year especially it seems like they are painfully long. I watch on youtube and have seen some 3 minute breaks with the same commercials over and over and over again. Again, I understand it has to happen but just seems like there is a lot less footage of fishing this year.

The number of commercials and length of the commercial breaks has never changed nor can it change. We are required by Fox Sports North to have exactly two minutes and two seconds of commercials four times per show. Commercial breaks have never been longer than 2 minutes and two seconds. Commercials are of course a necessary evil. No commercials, no TV shows. And that includes all shows, not just In-Depth Outdoors.

RwRiverRat
    Red Wing, MN

I’d like to see more footage of your cadences/rhythms when pitching jigs specifically but other presentations as well. Seeing how you pop the jig and keep the line tight to feel the bites would be very helpful.

RwRiverRat
    Red Wing, MN

19:05, Season 11, Episode 22. Exactly what I was thinking.

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

The number of commercials and length of the commercial breaks has never changed nor can it change. We are required by Fox Sports North to have exactly two minutes and two seconds of commercials four times per show. Commercial breaks have never been longer than 2 minutes and two seconds. Commercials are of course a necessary evil. No commercials, no TV shows. And that includes all shows, not just In-Depth Outdoors.

Been 2and2 as long as I can remember……

Viewing 17 posts - 211 through 227 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.