IDO Show Ideas, Topics, Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

• Nick Cox
    Minnesota

To all of our forum members, we are in need of your assistance!

We are seeking suggestions from you, our friends and fans for information you would love to see included in upcoming shows and videos! Please comment below, and let us know if you have a topic you want to know more about. Topics can include fishing techniques, fishing gear, tips, tricks and shortcuts – anything you can think of that is fishing related.

We will be monitoring and logging all suggestions for consideration. Your feedback is important to us, and we want to give you the content you desire, so please let us know!

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

I would love to see some more Salmon shows done on Lake Michigan. Tips would be about the trolling setups and the “spread”

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Tough call…..I can think of several things I’d like to see, but I’m sure there are situations that work well for making a show and some that don’t. For example, night fishing with a fly rod and top waters for Bass is a passion of mine, but I don’t think it’s very photogenic. And I like small waters. Pot holes lake, creeks, etc. Not exactly compatible with the big old Skeeter.

No matter what you guys decide, you can be sure I’ll be watching it waytogo

SR

Bass_attack

Team up with Aaron Weebe from uncut and go smallmouth fishing. He does a little fly and a little conventional fishing to keep it interesting. Not ripping on ido as I love the shows but I also like uncuts style.

CBMN
    North Metro

I think you should have Mike W show everyone how to fix his favorite Terrova trolling motor… (You might get some entertainment value out of that one)

But seriously I think you could do a lot of little tips and tricks segments fit into your regular show, I liked the winter boating short James did a year or two ago, and think you could do things from boat rigging, to more complex set ups ups that seem to get asked about on hear all the time (ex: leadcore trolling set ups, trailer and boat Maintenance tips…)

I personally like the idea a lot as a web extra or small 2 minute segment in the regular show.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

New product reviews. A couple minutes at the end of the shows or perhaps as webisodes. I could see where this might be tough as far as sponsorships go. Putting a new product through its paces and then rating it.

lundojam

I would love to see more small lake and river shows. Get out in the 16 foot Mr. Pike from time to time and backtroll up some walleyes on a 500 acre lake or pitch some jigs in a 8 foot deep hole on the Kettle River or something. Rent a boat at a mom-and-pop and go panfishing.
    I know the BWCA proper has filming restrictions, but there are plenty of USFS lakes that surround the boundary waters that would make for entertaining “wilderness” ice shows as well as canoe shows. James in the bow of a 17′ canoe fighting a 40 inch pike on walleye gear would make for good TV.
    I love the show as is, but the big-water Skeeter shows feel a little inaccessible to me and I’m sure to lots of others whose boats are decidedly un-sparkly. (In my mind, that’s a good deal of the appeal of the ice shows; people can replicate it pretty easily with a thousand bucks worth of equipment versus the 40 or 50 Large for the big boat and big lake trolling rods and boards etc that not everyone has in the budget.)
    Also, I think you should do a Babe Winkelman’s-wife-recipe-parody segment. Get Cal or somebody in drag to fry up a batch of sunnies and put a lemon wedge next to them.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

How about some urban shows? I know Milwaukee harbor is, but musky/bass fishing the Mpls city lakes, Pool 1 or 2, tactics on untapped fish on high pressure fisheries (if that makes sense).

marendt
    Lake City, MN

I would like to see how you would break down the “where to fish” on a lake you have never been to before. Look at maps, circle the points of interest, then get on the water and execute your strategy, and explain the reason you chose that spot.

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Loving all these suggestions, I have them all logged. Keep them coming, and remember nothing is off limits including non sponsors etc.

SearchFor30
    SE Minnesota

First off I’ll just say keep up the great work with the show! But I agree with lundojam that you could try doing more small water shows. A good portion of us that don’t have the expensive equipment and/or time to visit famous lakes would be able to relate more if you fished the types of lakes that we have available.

I also think it would be cool to see you guys try and fish some of these small waters without any previous experience on them and explain to us along the way how you would go about attacking these new waters. It wouldn’t bother me if you didn’t catch as many fish because we would still be learning a lot. In my opinion a good fishing show isn’t always just about catching lots of fish. That’s why it’s called fishing and not catching right? Thanks guys!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Get Cal or somebody in drag to fry up a batch of sunnies and put a lemon wedge next to them.

What and the Sam heck. frown frown frown

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have an internal IDO contest, two different boats on the same body of water. Holst’s boat vs Koonce’s or something like that.

Do a random draw lake. Pull a lake name out of a hat and drive there, and figure out the bite without help from a local/guide. You could also do this for the contest lake.

A metro show, or mid-summer short on fishing heavily weeded lakes. Same for a super clear smaller lake. Basically what you guys do when the lake isn’t necessarily the “hot” bite going.

Or just keep doing what you’re doing, bc I’m a big fan of that too! lol

smbfinatic
    NW MN/NE ND

Metro winter time smallmouth. Wading in the Mississippi and catching smallies when everyone is out ice fishing in December and February.

blank

First off I’ll just say keep up the great work with the show! But I agree with lundojam that you could try doing more small water shows. A good portion of us that don’t have the expensive equipment and/or time to visit famous lakes would be able to relate more if you fished the types of lakes that we have available.

I also think it would be cool to see you guys try and fish some of these small waters without any previous experience on them and explain to us along the way how you would go about attacking these new waters. It wouldn’t bother me if you didn’t catch as many fish because we would still be learning a lot. In my opinion a good fishing show isn’t always just about catching lots of fish. That’s why it’s called fishing and not catching right? Thanks guys!

I completely agree. It would be more relatable to more people. The challenge would be doing a show that wouldn’t give away a specific spot or small lake that wouldn’t be able to handle a heavy increase in pressure.

carver
    West Metro

Wouldn’t mind seeing the down-riggers like jerad suggested. Setup and the details, clips, weights, rod/reel types, baits and whatnot.

Most of that could actually be done in a large garage or shop I would think.

Maybe a cast and blast episode? Bowfishing? How about a blooper reel. Even Bill Dance falls in from time to time.

Dan Baker

Rod and reel arsenal, and a tour of the Tuned Up Custom Rod shop. Get Adam on air!

Timmy

Spearing for pike…….you don’t see that too often on film. whistling waytogo

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

A “behind the scenes” show that shows some of the prep work for all the equipment and camera gear along with how you scouted or decided on the lake. This would be the first half of the show. Something to make people appreciate the true work that goes into filming a show.

It think many watchers would find it cool and interesting and it would also show that you don’t just set up on a gps spots and hammer fish all day with the camera rolling!

Second half is actually the show.

Also a bloopers reel might be entertaining for part of a show.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Cast and blast duck/walleye or duck/pike on Devils?

lundojam

C’mon Cal, I said “or somebody”.

MNdrifter

I second the Cal thing! jester

Also agree with a segment on how you pick your lakes. I know you touched on this last year, but maybe a little more “In-depth” would be nice. What you are actually looking for in a body of water on Navionics and lake Finder etc.

SearchFor30
    SE Minnesota

I completely agree. It would be more relatable to more people. The challenge would be doing a show that wouldn’t give away a specific spot or small lake that wouldn’t be able to handle a heavy increase in pressure.
    [/quote]

Great point! maybe they could create a new contour map to represent the small water they choose and they could keep acres and structure all very similar, but just rearrange things? They could also give a broad description of where they are, such as SW Minnesota? But I agree that it would be challenging and potentially threatening to the water body, good point.

fishmantim

Lake Superior from Duluth up to Two Harbors Salmon and Trout fishing, more Metro fishing ie, Muskies, Walleyes..Mississippi River from Elk River south to the metro

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Cmon people. We all know who we want to see.

Attachments:
    1. image-18.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

IDO has always been a class act, but let’s remember you can’t spell class without A**!!!

Bikini ice fishing team has been mentioned before, its worth mentioning again…. devil

brycenannenga1
    Dubuque Ia

A show on 3 way wing dam walleye fishing would be nice, maybe half way through switch to willow cats as a lot of people find interest in these little walleye slayers.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

More cow bell

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…..

Blooper Show!

SR

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.