St. Croix Legend Ice Rod – Which one ??

• abe
    La Crosse

I am looking at picking up a St. Croix Legend Ice Rod primarily for panfish but I am uncertain as to which action to choose. Ultra light, light, Medium Light, Medium Hard??? Any suggestions?

showags
    Hastings, MN

I have the Ultra Lite and have been very satisfied! It really helps with the super light bites and once you get past the spring bob portion, there is plenty of back bone to haul in the occasional surprise whopper!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The Ultra Light is what I like for the pan fish

Seth Larson
    Winfield, MO

I have both a Light and a Medium. I use both of these for panfish and they work great. However, I wish I had an ultralite as well.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Ditto… I don’t know the diff between Legend and Premier, but I have this one and like it.

St Croix UL

big g

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ultra Lite for sure. They run much stiffer than most ice rods. I use the lite for walleye. You will love that Ultra Lite

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Light or medium light. The tip on the UL is soooo thin and I have had trouble with them breaking while in storage.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

UL hands down! If you want something with a little more back bone I guess you could go with the light, but would suggest the UL in a heart beat. I have a medium on it’s way that I plan on using for the toothy critters next year.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

2 ultra light Legends for me!
    FDR

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I just purchased the UL and it is a great rod. I then purchased the Medium Heavy spring and use it for fishing finicky pool 8 eyes and saugers.

abe
    La Crosse

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I found a great deal online for a new St. Croix Legend Ultra Light $24.99.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That’s a GREAT deal!! You’re going to LOVE that rod. I have a match set and they’ve made fishing for me a LOT more fun.

When I can get out that is.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

That’s a great deal

Cool avatar, that dude looks familiar

He caught a couple crappies I bet using the UL Legend

abe
    La Crosse

Yes he has, He is also taking over my Marcum and every other piece of good equipment that I have!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’d say that gives you a great excuse why to buy more.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Yes he has, He is also taking over my Marcum and every other piece of good equipment that I have!

Nothing better than letting the youngster sort, pick and choose from your tackle box to fill their own. Like “Blue” said: just another reason to buy more.

I use the UL Legend rod as well, not that I get out much though.

Ron

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I found a great deal online for a new St. Croix Legend Ultra Light $24.99.

Where did you find that price?

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I’m guessing that this is where he found it. Legend UL Hope with our new sponsor this isn’t stepping on any toes. if so please remove this.

abe
    La Crosse

That’s the site Deluxe247 I wasn’t sure if I could post it, but I did reply to a couple PM’s with the same question.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

See that kind of thinking makes you smarter than me. Oh well I must say I ordered one as a back up, thanks to you. Now I have 2 UL and a Medium.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With St. Croix being a sponsor with top of the line equipment, I would think they are glad to see there fishing rods in your hands no matter where you purchased it……that is a sweet deal

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.