Pre Packer Game Ice Trip

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I had to get away for a while on Saturday before the Packer Viking game and I thought what better way to get my mind off the game than go ice fishing. My Dad and I were able to take a fellow IDO member, Bryan Myers in to meeting us on the ice for a little while. We found the fish to be a nuetral and tough to coax into biting, but like always there were enough to keep us interested.

This trip was the most rewarding the next morning when my Son Blaine wanted to help clean fish. Looks like I am going to have my hands full!

bigpike

Awesome, I see your from Bloomer so can you disclose what lake you were fishing?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That’s what you like to see. Someone who wants to help clean fish.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I remember helping my dad “clean” fish at that age. It was more like dissecting eyeballs and guts but it helped us learn! Can’t complain about a helper!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

I remember helping my dad “clean” fish at that age. It was more like dissecting eyeballs and guts but it helped us learn! Can’t complain about a helper!

Its funny that you say that, his favorite thing is to poke the fish in the eye! the best part is he askes me permission to do it before every poke. Not to long and he will be taking me fishing

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

Awesome, I see your from Bloomer so can you disclose what lake you were fishing?

We spent most of the day on the Island Chain. Your close do you have any favorite Crappie lakes in the area?

bigpike

Been doing well on the Chippewa River this fall and winter…

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Quote:

Been doing well on the Chippewa River this fall and winter…

That is an over looked bite for sure! Where do you like to acess the river and how much ice are you seeing right now?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.