Western Wisconsin Ice Status?

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Anybody been out in the Western Wisconsin area lately? I am hoping to get out soon. So what are you guys seeing for ice thickness?

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Hey Brent,
    Was up to Bear trap last week and there was 4.5 – 5in of good clear ice. Wheelers out there all over. East Balsam had 7in. Those are the only lakes I can confirm but you should be good to go! Good luck man.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Roughly 7 inches in St Croix county.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

We fished Beaver Dam in Cumberland last Saturday and there was 6 inches of ice. My guess is at least 10 inches by this weekend.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’ve seen people walking out on Lake Onalaska when driving into work in the mornings. No idea how thick it is, but I did see a permanent out there just the other day.

Danbury are was still pretty sketchy as of last week.

We hit a small 300 acre lake on Saturday that is normally the first to freeze up and we only had 3″ of ice. Cold temps throughout the week and mimimal snow cover should have most lakes safe by the weekend i’m guessing.

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

Quote:

I’ve seen people walking out on Lake Onalaska when driving into work in the mornings. No idea how thick it is, but I did see a permanent out there just the other day.

On Tuesday it had around 5. I didn’t measure, just an estimate when I was drilling.

Bryan Myers

I was out yesturday around New Auburn and cut 5 to 6 inches. I had the wheeler out most people were walking and someone had a ford ranger on the ice so you should be good to go!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Thanks guys, sounds like I will be taking the wheeler with! Now I just have to get home from the family trip and load up.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m seeing 6+ everyplace I have drilled around Spooner. I suspect there is more but I havent actually measured it since there was plenty to walk. I know my hand auger is about to be put away in place of gas. I saw a small truck and a car way out on Spooner lake yesterday. The big trucks were still parking at the ramp along with every other SANE persons vehicle.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

7 inches Rice lake wednesday

Patch
    Pool 7/8

In La Crosse county there was 6-7 inches in a few places. The ice is great!

jld
    Holmen

A little snow on top doesn’t hurt when walking on the ice either

jigawhopper
    Ellsworth,WI

7 TO 9 inches on Long Lake near Centuria today.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.