Western Wisconsin Ice Condition

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

What are you guys seeing out there?The first Picture is from yesterday (Sunday) and the second is from today (Monday). You can see the ice is starting to form on the far shore line. As long as we can keep the Geese away we are moving in the right direction!

I am hoping to be on the ice the weekend after the St. Paul Ice Show. All I can do is wait and see I guess.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

smaller lakes in ashland county are locked up but its only about 3/4,s of an inch thick as of yesterday.

Ajs

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Little to no ice cover on the river near Winona, MN. Skim ice in some of the bays. Shallower marsh area bays are locked tight, but I haven’t checked how thick it is. Supposed to get pretty cold tonight, but I don’t think it will do anything significant. Looks like it will be a couple of weeks before this guy gets out. Still have a couple days of duck hunting left so it’s not all bad.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The cold snap brough snow and ice to our cabin in Trego this past weekend. If temps stay below all week I may be hitting some pond action this weekend.

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

I drove past the landing just a couple minutes ago and we are officially iced over. It is to dark for pictures right now but I will try to get one in the morning!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Well it looks better in the daylight than in did lastnight in the dark! Looks to be an inch and a half. if we can keep these cold nights we may even be on it by the weekend!

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Took the Spud bar down this morning and we still have a ways to go still. I found the ice to be 1 hit ice. Which means I stay oof for a while. I stick to a 2 hit policy!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Same here. I’m not a 1 hit guy. Well, depends on how hard you hit it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.