Any where to go this holiday weekend Ice Fishing

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

I would like ot take the kids and the big house this Holiday weekend while they are out of school. Is there any place I can take my 3/4 ton deisel and 20 foot lodge?

I mean any place in MN, or ND.

arklite881south

I’m going out on a limb and saying no. Living here on the Canadian border I JUST took my atv out on some main basin ice yesterday. BTW put a FREAKISHLY large pike on the ice on a 1 1/2 hour scouting mission….OVER 40 inches!! Nice to be on the main basin, but 3/4 ton trucks and 20 ft. wheelhouses…..NO WAY. Be careful men.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Thats what I thought. The kids will be disappointed but I can always take them in the portable. The big house is camping on the ice they enjoy that as much as fishing I think. Especially at night with a movie marathon.

Thanks

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What Chris said X 10 anywhere south of him.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Movie marathon in the back yard??

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

It sounds like Red Lake is close to having enough ice, but I’m not sure of anywhere else.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Can you get in the bays closer to shore and use portbles and a 4 wheeler from there? Pan Fish would even be good.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

I’m going out on a limb and saying no. Living here on the Canadian border I JUST took my atv out on some main basin ice yesterday. BTW put a FREAKISHLY large pike on the ice on a 1 1/2 hour scouting mission….OVER 40 inches!! Nice to be on the main basin, but 3/4 ton trucks and 20 ft. wheelhouses…..NO WAY. Be careful men.

I wanna see the picture of this pig to get my blood going for the weekend

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll do even better than that……just having some upload difficulty. BTW……. ON FILM!! You’ll have to excuse my excitement.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I’ll do even better than that……just having some upload difficulty. BTW……. ON FILM!! You’ll have to excuse my excitement.

Excitement only makes a video better

arklite881south

I keep waiting to lose some of the excitement in catching big fish…….Still waiting. The day a big fish putting a bend in my rod doesn’t in turn put a smile on my face I’ll be looking to switch careers.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

we went out on red mon-wed in wheel houses, a 16 and 20. just call and double check to see what they are allowing out, we ended up just inside the pressure ridge

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

we went out on red mon-wed in wheel houses, a 16 and 20. just call and double check to see what they are allowing out, we ended up just inside the pressure ridge

How did you do?

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

wasnt too hot but decent, late monday til wednesday morning 3 of us got 35 eyes some perch a pout and a few pike. no real pattern for us, only consistant rig was plain red hook on a rattle reel. any jigging spoon got a fish but none that made you keep using it. from the guys we talked to we were doing alot better than them. i think the weather had them a bit off but the 10 day looked more stable

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.