Easter Trout

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

With rain falling and the streams not muddy yet it looked like a great day to be out trout fishing. Started out throwing a Number 9 Rapala with no success so I switched to a copper Super Bow. Caught 3 brook trout and a couple of small browns. I then switched to a Big Bow spinner (silver) for some of the deeper holes ahead. After missing a couple of smaller fish I finally hooked and CAUGHT a 21 inch rainbow. Tried fishing a Rebel Wee Crawfish on the way back with no success. A picture of the Rainbow follows…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Birdman,,,,Could you please show us a picture of a Super Bow / Big Bow Spinners ?

superdave
    NE IA

I second ec’s motion. Ive been checking all the outdoors stores down here in Iowa City, and even checked Bass Pro Shops since I was down there last weekend. If i dont find some soon, Im gonna have to break down and drive to lancaster and pay you a visit. Nice fish, keep the reports coming.
    Dave

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

For some reason it seems like I can’t get a good close up picture with my camera. Below is a blurry picture of them. The big bow is on top and the super bow on the bottom. The EFN Outlet store also sells the Super Bow and Big Bow Spinners and have a more detailed description. I don’t want to sound like a walking advertisement for these but the honest truth is since starting to fish these spinners I hardly ever fish any other spinner. They seem to glide down riffles without snagging near as much and seem to attract bigger trout. The only time I wouldn’t use them is if I were targeting smaller trout.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

this picture should be a little better, so that’s what that macro button on my cameras for

jeffleek
    preston, mn.

These spinners remind me of a spinner I used to buy from Herter’s many years ago. I can’t tell how heavy the beads are, and the blades were not textured. Boy, were they bass catchers though! They look like just a plain, simple spinner. Cool!

JLK

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

WOW! I am blushing.. Thanks for the kind words guys, I am just a small one horse outfit that builds these spinners by hand with my wife Susan packageing and lableing them. My designs are simple, but I have called upon all of my years of experience as well as my design schooling and years of Tool and die, to match the components exactly. I am in no way able to meet the demands of the large chain stores nor do I have the funds to purchase the UPC codes they require.

So my products are handled by great folks like B-Fishn tackle here at EFN and a number of MoM and POP Bait and tackle shops around the country. All addvertisement is done by folks like you!

Thanks alot, and God Bless!

John Eggers

2255 hill drive Owatonna Mn. 55060. Ph. 507-451-8088

jeffleek
    preston, mn.

John, Got one for my birthday. Can’t wait to try it out. I read your reply on the condition of the root in town here. Any size to the trout? And of course I assume the spinner was the bow!

smtroutchaser
    Minnesota

Yeah, the spinner I used was a Super Bow silver. The trout were all under 13″, but my first 7 were all between 11 and 13″. I met a young man from Austin, and he said that he was not having any luck at all, so I cut the Super Bow off of my line and gave it to him. On his sixth cast he landed a nice brown, in ten minutes he was limited out and went home happy. This made my day. The big manufacturers make their products with the idea of marketing first, My spinners were made by me for me with the idea of catching the most trout possible. Marketing was an afterthought. Thank you very much for purchasing the Super Bow spinner, it will catch fish.
    John

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.