I can now add Nike…..

• hnd

nike will be fine in the long run. however, when you are a supposed warrior for social injustice yet you align yourself with a company that is known world wide for its shady labor use, its a bit silly. when you are a marginal starting talent bound to hold a clipboard you aren’t “sacrificing” much to take a job with a conglomerate like Nike who’s value is double that of the NFL.

Football and its goings ons are not important enough for me to be making purchasing decisions based off of it.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    Please someone, anyone, lock or delete this thread.

I don’t care to hear or read about:

-Kaepernick

-Trump

-Democrats

-Republicans

-Nike

-Legal Protests by a washed up player

Much like Kaepernicks freedom of choice and Trumps freedom of speech you also have the freedom of choice not to visit the thread.
    While I agree some of the statements made are off the wall there is no reason to lock it down. Sooner or later people will grow bored with it and it will fade away.

Never. I’ll bump this until the grave. I’ve done a complete 180 and now cannot get enough of the Nike, Kaepernick banter. peace

The real question is…are ONLY 2 threads going to be enough for all of the enlightening thoughts that could possibly be posted about the topic on an outdoors forum? I’ll volunteer to start the 3rd one whenever needed.

Charlie Vaughan
    On the river

I usually just bring this site up since most of course don’t know what it is.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I went golfing today, and purposely hit my Nike golf balls in the water….. I tried burning them, but they wouldn’t stay lit. jester

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

My two cents is I don`t care if he would of done this on his own time but not on the job.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

What if he stood for the flag, and took a knee on the sidelines during halftime? I woulda had some respect for that approach.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Watched the eagles pound the falcons last night and just about every other commercial i seen was one with KAPERNICK commentating about all this stuff and said just do it ..doesn’t appear nike is backing down one bit with all the controversy appears they knew right what they wanted from using him as a poster boy for sacrifice . Point is all this advertising around kap is just getting started , might as well get used to seeing his ugly mug kneeling all the time

hnd

and short of the kaep part, the commercial is really good quite frankly.

but the reality is he’s sacrificed nothing.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Watched the eagles pound the falcons last night and just about every other commercial i seen was one with KAPERNICK commentating about all this stuff and said just do it ..doesn’t appear nike is backing down one bit with all the controversy appears they knew right what they wanted from using him as a poster boy for sacrifice . Point is all this advertising around kap is just getting started , might as well get used to seeing his ugly mug kneeling all the time

I watched the whole game and saw 1 commercial with him in it

Jonesy

If he never took a knee he’s on a roster right now.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Is adidas still alive as a company…or did they essentially crumble to just being supported by soccer after the Badgers moved on to Under Armour?

hnd

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>hnd wrote:</div>

If he never took a knee he’s on a roster right now.

holding a clipboard making nowhere near what he’s been making with Nike the past year. nevermind if he was a starter he’d never of taken a knee is the first place.

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. 1C0E3040-C20E-49BD-8D7A-A0C345D49A69.jpeg

phoyem
    Minneapolis

applause applause applause

Attachments:
    1. 41315589_724908594520759_5109067175746863104_n.jpg

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

So I heard people are burning their nikes. Has anybody ate their nikes? If you did you’d probably lay a giant Nike turd. I’m thinking about doing it.. anybody?

deertracker

That swoosh symbol might hurt coming out Targa.
    DT

Deleted

Please show me a smart, financially independent, employed person that buys Nike shoes……I don’t know any.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Please show me a smart, financially independent, employed person that buys Nike shoes……I don’t know any.

Absolute genius. smirk

Pete S

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Thomas Nichols wrote:</div>

Absolute genius. smirk

i guess if racism is your thing….

Deleted

i guess if racism is your thing….
    [/quote]

I’m a mutt, racially…..try again !

Nike Vandals in 1984, ugly purple hi-tops. I had a pair.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

I heard someone burned their Nikes shoes, while still wearing them. Pure genius. rotflol

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. 1968844B-353D-48A9-A7AC-F387095CEC44.jpeg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Their right to run the ad. My right to not buy anymore of their products.

Time will tell. Under armour is looking good.

FYI not racist I don’t like the idea of a guy that bashes cops getting a big pay day for the reasons he is.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Here ya go

Attachments:
    1. fedgates-.jpg

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Last time I had Nike on my person was 30 years ago. Shoot, last big brand I have worn was Danner boots 5 years ago, great boot but the cost drove me to a lesser known thats just as good and actualy last longer.
    As for the Nike political stuff I don’t give a rats ass about them! I am more concerened about the state of afairs in things that matter.
    But if someone puts so much importance on a brand you just got suckered into something worthless in the grand scheem of things.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Bill Gates is not employed.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He is a employer………..which is more important? Employee or employer?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.