Hook 5

• monkeymaster

Hello
    Got a hook 5 on my boat, tried dropping a 1/4 Oz jig head with a 2 inch shad body directly below the transducer, did not see it on the screen.
    Clean water lake in 30 ft water, could see down about 8 ft maybe 10.
    Unit is on auto everything.
    I tried adjusting the sensitivity but then the whole screen gets cluttered, so back to auto.
    So, where do I go from here.
    Thanks

catmando
    wis

Try a bigger bait, move it around to see if you are actually in the cone of the fish finder, up sensitivity as needed.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Tough to say with out playing with the sonar settings. There are lots of settings besides the sensitivity to play with. Is the transducer pointed straight down or at a angle when in the water? Try a larger jig head and see if that helps. I have a Lowrance 9 and can see my lindy rig when turning to the right.

popcorn

Just keep playing with it. You may have to go through the settings and make sure you have the correct transducer selected and maybe even try a few different settings.

I have a hook 4 on my John boat and can see a 1/32oz jig 10 ft down without a problem. The tricky part it keeping it in the cone angle. I also use the unit for ice fishing with an ice ducer and it works great.

monkeymaster

Thanks for the info.
    I will try some things that were suggested.
    Myself and electronic things that are smarter than me don’t always get along, just frustrated with it.
    I know it can help catch more fish, but sure glad I don’t have a hammer on board sometimes.
    Thanks again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.