Heading north – Orr, MN area fishing report requested

• prieser
    Byron, MN

Happy Hump Day, I’m heading up by Orr this coming Saturday, Echo Lake to be exact. Targeting what ever is hot and hoping for a couple of shore lunch days. Anyone have some insight for this area?? Will probably try out Crane, Pelican and Sand Point as well, maybe even Kabetogama if we’re up for a long boat ride.

My greatest hope is that there is no cell phone coverage up there….. coffee sleeping toast

Thanks much guys and gals

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll be at Echo in 3 weeks. You staying at Trails End?

prieser
    Byron, MN

Yes, normally this would have been a bear hunt, but none of were drawn this year. So, pulling up the boats and wetting a line instead.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good luck. I’ll be up there bird hunting. Let me know if you see any.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Watch the water temps. Echo is stained and shallow and can get very warm in the summer, warm enough that sometimes the fishing really slows down. You’re not far from Myrtle and that lake always seems to have something going.

SR

prieser
    Byron, MN

waytogo waytogo

Thanks SR

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

On Pelican Lake there is a large bowl of 30-35fow near the center of the lake. There are islands around this area. I was there late August a few years ago and caught all the crappies I wanted just off the bottom. Was told that this bite happens every year and goes on until late Sept.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Awesome, thanks much

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.