A Humminbird Down Imaging quiz

• jhalfen

Humminbird’s recently announced Down Imaging is going to take visualizing underwater objects to an entirely new level.

Here’s a Down Imaging screen capture I just received from the factory. It was taken down south, using a Humminbird 997 and the new Amber 1 color palette. I thought we’d use it to run our first iDoFishing.com Down Imaging quiz.

So, what do you think this object is?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Looks like a dam or an old bridge

chrossa
    Arcadia, WI

Looks like an old railroad bridge

jhalfen

Plenty of detail on that image, isn’t there?

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Well it look to me like a Bunch of dirty diapers in the bottom of your aquariam… BTW how is that going for you Jason

sink-her
    Kasson MN

Is it a ship on the bottom just guess

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Yea RR Bridge….what not even 1 fish there?? OK maybe a couple carp suckers

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Plenty of detail on that image, isn’t there?

TONS of detail. Thats cool. Thanks for sharing Jason

Now that I am home and can take a second to look closer it does look like an old RR bridge……kind of looks like a good fishing spot if you ask me

whittsend

WOW, thats just awesome detail. Can you imagine the 2D image of that structure, trying to figure out what you are seeing?? “Golly, it sorta looks like baitfish and maybe pods of stripers, but why are we losing so many cranks?”

DI will be a much anticipated update for sure!

Thanks for the image, Jason, keep em coming!

jhalfen

I already have a LONG list of things I want to look at using Humminbird Down Imaging.

The detail and clarity of these Down Imaging pictures is such that the mystery in identifying underwater objects is almost completely eliminated. This Down Imaging picture is of a submerged dam complex in Pataula Creek on Lake Eaufaula, on the Georgia/Alabama border. That’s where Down Imaging is undergoing its final field work, in advance of its release to the public on January 1, 2010.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

It really sucks the way Humminbird includes most all there older units in these updates. Won`t be any used units up fore sale for us tight wads to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.