Waves and Chop

• bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Hey, I was wondering how the SI works with waves and chop, is there a wave height that it becomes impossible to see clearly?

Thanks

whittsend

Still works no problems, just need to realize you might be viewing wave caused interference or image irregularities. Your brain can generally sort out the irregularities without issue.

I have had it in at least 1-2’s on Michigan, no big issues. I would think 3-4’s would be ok too, but it just might depend on conditions, depth, etc??

The 2d in my images is of the lake Michigan bottom, which should have been generally flat, so you can tell there is some wave action. The SI shows a slight wavy appearance, but nothing serious.

If you look closely, you can see fish marks in each image. The third one has some huge salmon sitting on the bottom on the right side.

Mike

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Very good info!

Thanks,

FDR

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Thanks Cool, anyone else use it in waves?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Hers a few shots from the Detroit River Mouth. Very bumpy out that morning as we had SE winds blowing in. As you can tell from the 2D, one is pounding into the waves and the others are going with the waves. I also changed the screen speed to adjust for the less than 1mph speed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.