Gutter Guards?

• chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Are gutter guards worth using?

My local contractor doesn’t think they’re worth a chit, but if they keep me off the roof (even a little bit) I’d give em a try.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve had the Gutter Helmet type for 15 years and have never had to clean out a gutter. These are the ones with the solid cap over the top and then the curved lip that feeds the water around the edge and into the gutter. Only water can follow that curve around, leaves, seeds, snow, etc just slides off and over the edge.

We have a lot of maple trees taking a giant s!it of helicopters/seeds on us every year and I used to have to hose out clogged gutters that smelled like pig sh!t twice a year. Have not done it once in 15 years since installing the guttter helmets.

There are other versions of this brand but the point is they do not have strainer holes on the top that also get clogged.

Grouse

huntinforfish

Had mine installed when the gutters went up and have not had to clean them once. I have the fine screen type and they work great. If I ever have to put gutters on another building, they will for sure have something similar right off the bat.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have wondered the same thing about gutter gaurds. FG do yours work well when you have torrential down pours? Or does the water just fly past the curled lip?

dbright
    Cambridge

I installed leaf proof guards on my parents gutters 13-14 years ago and they have not needed to be cleaned since.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Alright gentlemen. Thanks for the input. I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.

Sounds like it might be the last time my fat azz goes up a ladder to mess around with gutters.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Have gutter helmet brand. They were pricey, but have worked well. Water over shoots them in a down pour but only when it’s enough of a down pour I would think it would overshoot any brand.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Search Amazon. They have some that are awesome and cheap. I’ll try and post the name when I look into later.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.