Guns and ammo removed.

• riverruns
    Inactive

Walmart pulls guns, ammo displays in US stores, citing civil unrest.

Not that I shop for my guns and ammo there. What a week response to what is happening in America these days.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

That’s crazy. I have a high school buddy, retired from the air force, last I heard was selling guns at a Wally world out in colorado.

munchy
    NULL

If its truly due to civil unrest and not just an excuse to phase the scary pewpew out of their stores, I have to commend them for their proactive approach. I’d rather them safely removed for a short time than allow 1000 looters(possible felons) unrestricted access to them.

When the state leaders are doing nothing to protect municipalities and businesses, the municipalities and businesses have to start taking the protection into their own hands.

With that said, Walmart is the last place I’d think of to buy a gun.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought 2 guns at Walmart not long ago. Both on clearance and the very best deal I’ve seen by far anywhere.

But the Walmart up north sell much more sporting supplies then the ones towards the cities as well.

If this is civil unrest or what not I guess its understandable. But again what does it really stop

Beast

Walmart been leaning that way for sometime now, First it was to remove all evil black guns.

riverruns
    Inactive

Pretty sure, once the guns and ammo are gone, they won’t come back. Easy way out for them.

Snap

Worry not. They are still selling crossbow bolts. The Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Worry not. They are still selling crossbow bolts. The Zombie Apocalypse weapon of choice!

And knives. Which are blades and thus, don’t need reloading!

jwellsy

Very few things are really what they first appear to be. I suspect that they know (or plotting) something that we don’t.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i just read it was only until after the election!!!! how true that is we shall see??????

jwellsy

i just read it was only until after the election!!!! how true that is we shall see??????

Trouble will probably escalate after election day till after inauguration day.

tornadochaser

Not surprising. When we had our little protest dust up here in Sioux Falls, while all of the cops were busy dealing with the crowds at the mall, Fleet Farm got hit for a ton of handguns. Some of those guns have since been recovered during drug arrests.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I doubt there was much left to remove anyway, but good move. Why not head off problems? Totally predictable that jerkbaits out there would use the cover of the election to try something, why give them an easy target?

Grouse

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

The FW assures me they will be back on shelves sometime after the election. She is in upper management there. It’s not like they removed them from the stores completely, probably got them locked up in the back .

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s not like they removed them from the stores completely, probably got them locked up in the back .

The articles do say that they just removed them from sales floors and will be available by request.

munchy
    NULL

Not surprising. When we had our little protest dust up here in Sioux Falls, while all of the cops were busy dealing with the crowds at the mall, Fleet Farm got hit for a ton of handguns. Some of those guns have since been recovered during drug arrests.

Shocked I tell ya, SHOCKED!!!!

neutral

munchy
    NULL

Annnnnd now they are putting them back…. tongue

“Walmart is returning firearms and ammunitions to its sales floors Friday – a day after saying it would remove them.

Several of the retailer’s stores were damaged during civil unrest this week.

The company says it removed the guns to protect customers and staff.

Now, Walmart says the unrest is geographically isolated so they’re putting back the firearms and ammo.”

http://www.kttc.com/2020/10/30/walmart-returns-firearms-ammunition-to-sales-floors-one-day-after-removing-them/?fbclid=IwAR0v2RNagrOWL7y1uzc2mZQYeVqpg9rwSirQG6igkoLHuFrbRiSo3QRlHgg

grizzly
    nebraska

Momma they are a crazy

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Don’t see how this matters i thought we were all anti Walmart anyway

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I for one am not anti Walmart but I’m anti liberal… smash coffee coffee coffee coffee

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Again I will say. 5 or 6 of my best gun purchases have been at a wal mart. On clearance. Beat ff and cabellas by a couple hundred bucks.
    So you guys back off and keep hating wally world

Slipbob nick

It would probably make sense to have them secured somewhat versus in a glass case with today’s world. I could see that being a normal thing to have them not all on display. Someone’s always got to ruin it for everyone else.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Call me crazy but I think guns should be sold in a gun shop. Let Walmart sell food & Chinese imports.

grizzly
    nebraska

was just at walmart and all guns and ammo were out and for sale. bought some 270 shells cause they were 4 bucks a box cheaper than scheels, took all they had

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I don’t understand why people despise Walmart. Walmart is a great place for your kids to get some job experience. Each department is run like its own micro store . A manager for each department placing orders for merchandise and each manager doing the schedules for the people under them in there department. The good workers move up fast and are rewarded for there hard work. The bad employees don’t last and are weeded out. The workers you have trouble with there that don’t seem like they know anything are either new or they are on their way out the door and don’t care. My wife started at the bottom and has worked her tail off for almost ten year, now she makes almost twice what I do. Most employees are working fifty hours a week and get treated like garbage from the patrons of their store but they just move on to help the next jerk and the next jerk after that. I can’t tell you how many times my wife has been yelled at and called stupid because they are out of toilet paper or something like that. I only hope you people that go there and treat my wife or daughter like poop get the same treatment to your family.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There isn’t any reason to take things out on employees, most things are out of their control.

I have a basic dislike for the company and try not to patronize them anymore then I have to. But again, it has nothing to do with who works there.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

They sell a sh^load of Chinese products and they have an aggressive business model that historically undercuts local businesses. Anyone who subscribes to the “america first” model shouldn’t be a Walmart fan.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The very best thing I have found at a Walmart is the $1.00 loafs of wheat French bread. They do carry the coffee we use for almost $2.00 less than everywhere else too. Outside of these things I seldom go in a wallyworld.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I haven’t as much as drove through a Walmart parking lot in 30 years.

Gino, I’m glad your wife is doing well there, but those stories are far and few between. Most those employees that are working those 50 hour weeks are also still getting all kinds of assistance. I know if one right in grand rapids that got fired illegally at another place of employment. He took a job there and had to go the assistance thing big time.

Of course I’m also a due hard union guy and all you need to do is go to the NLRB website and Google Walmart to find all kinds of not good stuff about that company. The owners of Wally world are some of the richest in the country and treat most there employees like crap.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.