Guns and ammo removed.

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well Glenn I doubt they treat them like crap. Maybe don’t have the Union protection you would like them to have but….

There are many people who have made a bunch of money working there. Many times they are the only jobs available in a community. I’m in no way Pro Walmart but billions funnel through their employees, suppliers, communities so they do provide something.

You need to go a long, long ways if you want to find a retail operation in this country that doesn’t sell the imported crap we see today. But the same people who buy that crap wouldn’t spend a couple of bucks more to buy domestically produced items either. coffee

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Well Glenn I doubt they treat them like crap. Maybe don’t have the Union protection you would like them to have but….

There are many people who have made a bunch of money working there. Many times they are the only jobs available in a community. I’m in no way Pro Walmart but billions funnel through their employees, suppliers, communities so they do provide something.

You need to go a long, long ways if you want to find a retail operation in this country that doesn’t sell the imported crap we see today. But the same people who buy that crap wouldn’t spend a couple of bucks more to buy domestically produced items either. coffee

I’ll respectfully disagree. Most there emt aren’t afforded the opportunity to get health insurance and if they do they can’t afford it based on there wage, just one case senerio

I agree with Gino however,bit may be a good place for a high school kids to earn some money. It’s also a known fact that anywhere they went in and added a store affected the little ma and pa shops. It’s a free country so people can work and shop where ever they wish!!!

With that I’ll quit

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

They sell a sh^load of Chinese products and they have an aggressive business model that historically undercuts local businesses. Anyone who subscribes to the “america first” model shouldn’t be a Walmart fan.

Maybe it has changed but years ago when I was in grad school the President of local Twin Cities company came in and explained that Walmart’s policy was if the price of the US product was within X% of a foreign product then they would stock the US made product. It may have been a bit of an anti-union speech because he said they are able to keep the prices low enough for walmart because they have been able to keep the unions out. grin

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.