Dead Lake, Info

• rocketman

I am looking for some good info on Dead lake . I am set up to do some camping at Northern Lights Resort over the Mem weekend and I am hoping to get in some fishing. Any info on this lake from the locals would be great.
    Brian

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Is this the one in Dent? If so, I should have some info for you soon.

walleyeaddict
    Gods Country and real walleye world, Detroit Lakes MN

Dead and Star are always good early season lakes. Fish are coming as shallow as 8 ft in the weeds or inside weedline. Shoreline breaks at 17ft and midlake on top in wind and cloud cover and 16-21 ft in the daylight bite. Shiners and crawlers on live bait and jigs and fatheads/shiners have been producing. Water temps are at about 60 degrees. We are still having some cool nights (32 last night) and weekend temps are supposed to be in the 70’s so it won’t change much. Beautiful area. You should have some fun. Otter Tail is close and that bite is popping for 14-17″ fish.

rocketman

This IS the lake near Dent.
    A coworker has told me to be careful as the lake is very low and there are many rocks to tear up my motor. Anyone here to verify.
    I do not like to hit rocks, stumps or anything else lurking in the unknown and unseeable!

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Beware of the “BULL” sunnies and nice slab crappies in Dead Lake. There are some brutes up there and the timing should be good with weather pending. Good luck to you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.