Upper Red landings?

• empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Looking for the best landing to use, we have a Lund Baron so its a bit of a beast. Using a conversion van as a tow vehicle— no 4 wheel drive.
    Thanks in advance
    Mike

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

I would use the landings on the Tamarac River, good ramps,plenty of depth, the channel out to the lake is well marked. Have fun, its world class.

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

I use Westwind in Waskish. They are good enough for most including Kent Hrbek and some dude named Ted Takasaki.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I would second Westwind. Good landing with protected harbor and they have great food and bait. Good people. They treat you right!

I would not choose because of Hrbeck or any other so called celebrities!

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Thanks for the info, were only fishing it for a day but will report how we did.

russjudy
    Minnesota

i would diffently use Westwind- which ever one you choose- dont back in past the cement ramp;; it gets deep fast

i would troll straight out from the boat markers at 7 ft with shad raps and rapalas around 4 inches long (perch colors) and go out to 12 ft and zig zag running one deep and one shallow- dont go South to far then turn and head North towards the River staying in the same pattern;

when you go by the river about a couple blocks, you can either cast in with bobbers or the same lures, you may catch eyes, drummies, or sheaphead, gators for excitement;; or try for crappies, but i think there moved out and scattered by now- troll about 3 miles east, then turn around and troll back in deeper water with a rattle jig, the water maybe stained

wish you all the best Russ&Judy

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Thanks for the info Russ & Judy, I’m taking my boy’s on a big water tour, Rainey, LOTW, and Red on the way home. We are always are going to stop at Red on our way home but never do. I’ve decided this is the week. Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.