Packer Math

• garvi
    LACROSSE WI

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

It also = 0-2 vs the old man, 6-10 & 11-5 and one and out in the playoffs.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Lets see, Vikings playoff record the last 2 seasons 1-2

Nothing to be proud of

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Lets see, Vikings playoff record the last 2 seasons 1-2

Nothing to be proud of

Yet plenty good enough to beat the Pack. Twice. And win the division. And win a playoff game. So what did your team do this year besides recover from a monday night butt-whoopin’ at home at the hands of the Vikes in time to get bounced in the first round? Dare we mention Rodger’s mega-chokes during those first couple drives in the same game? How about that overhyped #1 defense that crumbled when it mattered?

But do carry on with the whole Farve-roast if it continues to allow you to remain distracted from the reality of the Packer’s season.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Wow easy there big fella

Vikings, best team ever
    Favre best QB of all time
    Minnesota best state ever

Feel better ??

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Reality is 11-5 wild card berth and a 2 borderline miracle TDs from Norse Division champs. In case your wondering which 2 (Greg lewis catch adn Mike wallace catch).

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

With that said MN was better team but ended in the same spot as the Pack.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Wow easy there big fella

Vikings, best team ever

Favre best QB of all time

Minnesota best state ever

Feel better ??

What are you talking about? My apologies for saying so and do know that I’m not trying to be rude but your reply doesn’t make a scrap of sense.

I think this video sums up some, not all, of the Packer fans that have been going after Farve now for two weeks.

If you’re not familiar with the context of the video, that’s Adam from Mythbusters. Despite overwhelming evidence disproving his theory, he tries desperately to hold on to his position. Not because he doesn’t want to know the truth. He just can’t bare the thought of being wrong. You might not see the connection here… but I find it applies. At least in this case.

As for Farve… he played great this year. It was an INCREDIBLE season. He led the Vikes to two victories over the Packers. Won a playoff game and was a bad pass away from the Super Bowl. Man… I’lll take that any year!

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

(Text edited for younger eyeballs)….

chomps
    Sioux City IA

the way I look at it two wins over the Pack in one season equals one Super Bowl Berth….. let me rethink that!

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Nothing to be proud of

Which makes 1-3 vs the Vikes, 0-2 vs trhe old man, 0 for two in division championships and 0-1 in the playoffs what?

?
    Nope

??
    Uh-uh

???
    Not likely…

Maybe

Probably

Definately

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

I guess it was my attempt for of humor, in that we cannot say anything against the beloved Vikings or Favre, but we are supposed to take all the crap about how bad Rodgers is, Rodgers is made of glass, the packers kicked Favre to the curb and the packers were not even supposed to make it to 500. And now after both of our teams seasons are done those “facts” are wrong.

Favre is no longer with GB and I am glad, Your team has him (for now anyways) and I’m glad he helped the Vikings get one more game this season, it made for a exciting NFC north.

As for your video I cannot view it so whatever, but I get your point of saying that you feel I am wrong and you are right I look at it as we just have to agree to disagree all I can say is if Favre came back to greenbay (after the jets) his ankle would have looked like it did after the Vik’s last game, during the first 2 weeks in greenbay and he would have been on IR after week 4. Rodgers took one hell of a beating in the first half of the season and kept coming back. (to 11-5) But he gets NO CREDIT ???

Rodgers is the packers future and I belive he just might make a run for all of Favres records even though they will be Manning’s or Brady’s by then.

So anyway sorry to step on the Viking ego, and we will see ya next year.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Make that 2 QBs

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’m going to have to agree to agree with garvi. Am I banned from ido now?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Only if you and Cougereye don’t pay for the stadium.

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Favre would have been done by week 4? Hmm that makes sense since Favre has never missed a start and Arodg is the one with a history of being injury prone. However, he did hold up well with that bad o-line and his own inability to know when to get rid of the ball. I don’t know how many qbs would have finished that game against the Saints…I don’t care if the qb is 25 or 40. That was a beating. Saints D is dirty, they did it to Warner the week before to. They clearly are willing to take personal fouls in exchange for beating down the opposing qb.

mojogunter

His comment would have perfect for this response.

Quote:

What are you talking about? My apologies for saying so and do know that I’m not trying to be rude but your reply doesn’t make a scrap of sense.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Only if you and Cougereye don’t pay for the stadium.

How do I get brought into this thread? Especially with Targamaam!

I’m a queens fan for crying out loud.

And what’s with Garvi and his new man jealousy crush on Rodgers? We all think Rodgers is a good QB, just wears the wrong color. He get’s no respect? He was in the Pro Bowl, what more respect should a 2nd year starter get who’s yet (YET) to win a playoff game?

BK, you see TPaw wants a new Vikes stadium. Proposing to use a ramp tax on P3 and 4!!

scottd
    wisconsin

Rodgers breaking records….
    Now that there is funny.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

What’s so bad about being brought into a thread with targaman?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

Rodgers breaking records….
    Now that there is funny.

It’s not the size of the bobber that matters…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

He get’s no respect? He was in the Pro Bowl

Answered your own question.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I guess it was my attempt for of humor, just as we Vikings fans have had many attempts at humor only to be shot down by you. in that we cannot say anything against the beloved Vikings or Favre, thats all YOU do but we are supposed to take all the crap about how bad Rodgers is, some guys only say it in defense to your attacks and hijacks Rodgers is made of glass, the packers kicked Favre to the curb and the packers were not even supposed to make it to 500. And now after both of our teams seasons are done those “facts” are wrong.

Favre is no longer with GB and I am glad, Your team has him (for now anyways) and I’m glad he helped the Vikings get one more game this season, is that a fact, just one more game? I can think of many games where Farve stood out. Our season as a whole would most likely not have been as winning or as fun. it made for a exciting NFC north.

As for your video I cannot view it so whatever, but I get your point of saying that you feel I am wrong and you are right You dish it out well but don’t eat it as good. I look at it as we just have to agree to disagree all I can say is if Favre came back to greenbay (after the jets) his ankle would have looked like it did after the Vik’s last game, during the first 2 weeks in greenbay and he would have been on IR after week 4. Rodgers took one hell of a beating in the first half of the season and kept coming back. (to 11-5) But he gets NO CREDIT ??? He gets plenty of credit. We only slam him after you pick out something Farve did wrong, cause all you see about Farve is his mistakes ie. you are blind.

Rodgers is the packers future and I belive he just might make a run for all of Favres records even though they will be Manning’s or Brady’s by then.

So anyway sorry to step on the Viking ego, and we will see ya next year.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

By the way Garvi, join a support group.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ve heard the bass were biting on swim baits.

taz
    Frederic wi

Dear Brett,

First off, we’d like to thank you for that last pass against the Saints
    and costing the Vikings a shot at the Super Bowl. Just like the 2007 NFC
    Title game against the Giants, you choked when it mattered most.

Secondly, we need to discuss your Oct 11th, 2009 comment that the 2009
    Vikings were – as you stated “The best team I’ve ever been on”. Really
    Brett? The best team you’ve ever been on? Please explain to us how the
    best team you’ve ever been on is capable of winning only one playoff
    game?
    Since you’ve been living in Minnesota for a while, you may now equate
    greatness to division titles and a single playoff win. Let’s look at
    some facts and compare this “great” 2009 Viking team to the 1996
    Packers.

1996 Packers – Super Bowl Champions
    2009 Vikings -1 playoff win.

Points allowed:
    2009 Vikings – 312
    1996 Packers – 210 (1st in the league and this was despite the fact that
    your dumbass threw 13 INTs that season). We know you have trouble with
    simple math so here’s some help: 312 – 210 = 102. That’s 102 points
    Brett. We might be wrong, but that’s pretty substantial)

Oh yeah, the 1996 Packers also scored the most points in the league that
    season with 456. Obviously you have either forgotten or chosen not to
    remember how dominant the 1996 Packers were.

What’s really funny is how the Viking fans all fell for your hype, only
    to suffer another crushing and devastating loss.

When the Packers someday hold a ceremony at Lambeau commemorating the
    1996 Packer team, don’t even bother showing up. Maybe you can show up at
    a Vikings game sometime when they celebrate that impressive playoff
    victory over the Cowboys.

And lastly, to all of the “Packer” fans reading this who either openly
    or secretly cheered for Favre and the Vikings when playing the Packers
    this pass season: SCREW YOU. Stay a Viking fan even when Brett is gone.
    We don’t want you back.

Sincerely yours,
    Members of the 1996 Packers Defense
    Reggie White
    Gilbert Brown
    Santana Dotson
    Sean Jones
    Wayne Simmons
    George Koonce
    Brian Williams
    Craig Newsome
    Doug Evans
    Leroy Butler
    Eugene Robinson

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Taz:

Take it easy Francis!

I think we brought this up at the beginning of the season; except for the guy on top of your list, the only reason we know who the rest are is BECAUSE of Brett Favre.

Without him, the Pack never even gets a sniff of the Superbowl. Were you the one who quoted Leroy Butler early this year? Made him the spokesman for the former Packers who were against him playing for another team. Laughable.

You can list all kinds of good Packer players from the Favre era, but none of them get to the bowl without #4. 0

There’s your math!

ET

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:
    He get’s no respect? He was in the Pro Bowl

Answered your own question.

huh?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.