Open water…..Crappie time !

• Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

With the open water, NOW is the time for the Crappies.
    I will be out this week in search mode. Anybody have any info they care to share? I will report my findings later this week.

shadrapla
    cambridge mn

i went to west rush lake i have catch several fish but water are too low to fishing from shore so i will take my boat this frday and see how fishng good i will report back

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Got out yesterday early afternoon 2pm-6pm. I went to my normal spring spots looking for some Crappie action on the Horseshoe chain. Water temp on the main lake varied between 45 and 47 with a big wind blowing across it. The couple of bays and channels I fished had a temp reading of 50.
    I tried live bait, flu flu’s, cubbies, and small spinners with little results. A small 1 1/2 lb northern took the spinner and a couple dink crappies in the 6-7 inch range. I talked to another angler an he was also still searching for a better bite. Once this weather blows out and returns to the sunny 60’s I will be out trying these same spots to see if the crappies have moved in.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Dman,
    Check out the ones Artie got yesterday!!!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Looks like I was on the wrong lake. Nice mess for sure.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Hook,

Nice batch of crappies? Those will hit the taste buds for sure. Any info on where these beauties came from?

AugustWest1

A friend and I got 17 crappies in the fifty lakes area yesterday. They were really slow to bite. Just like ice fishing. We would catch 3 to 5 then they would shut down. And we would move to another spot, and not get any and then got back to the spot where we caught them and get another 3 to 5. We did this until we had 17. I also caught a small nothern. We had to wait until they had the bobber underwater at least seven to ten seconds before we could set the hook, or else you ended up with nothing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.