Chisago Lk – 1/1/03

• Anonymous

Just a quick note: I fished the West bay of Chisago Lake on 1/1 from 7am – 2pm. The walleyes weren’t hitting on Shiners, but from about 10:30 on the Northern were hitting large Shiners in about 9 – 11 feet of water.

Ice was about 14 inches.

– Thumper

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Were there many houses out in the middle over the deeper water? Last year I had some good luck on nice crappies and a few ‘eyes after dark. Has Frankies started plowing the road as well?

Anonymous

Hi, Mike

I really didn’t notice any houses out in the big bowl, but there were a dozen permenant houses on the Southeast edge of the bowl, before you get to the narrows or East bay. That’s always been ‘Crappie-ville‘ to me . There were a dozen+ houses up scattered around the South half of the lake and maybe a half dozen in the East bay.

No one was driving cars on the lake, yet. Plenty of ATVs and Snowmobiles. I suppose with all of the press about people going though the ice this year, many aren’t venturing out with their cars and trucks. We walked out from a private residence on the West shore, so I didn’t see if Frankie’s has the gate officially moved yet. As far as plowing – there’s nothing to plow!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.