Labor Day Weekend – Chippewa Flowage

• Anonymous

Nothing much to write here. I was lined up with some family members to do some fishing and it ended up being much less of it than anticipated so here’s what I got. They’re getting as much rain as the rest of us are and I got wet twice on Sunday. Gills and Crappies biting on almost any tube jig tipped with powerbait micros. Couple of small northerns got in on the action but knew better than to bite the guy using Fireline! Certain trip to the boat! Otherwise, it was a quick bite, snap, and look………….a free tongue piercing! Oh well, they’re cheap and it’s fun watching pike battles on ultra-lites! In the afternoon I managed to get chauffuered around some islands and bays and managed to coax out a couple 14″ LM bass and 2 25″ pike before the REAL storm showed up! Came in as quick as the one at the GTG did! That ended the weekend on the Chippewa Flowage as I had plans to be on the Yellow River the next day. Just for reference, I was launching out of Sisko’s.

Anonymous

I was on the big chip that sunday also, I put in on the SE end of the lake by the dam. The first rain in the morning actually missed the SE end, but I could see it was real close, but the second one didn’t miss! It came up real fast out of the north I was up in the area around moore’s bay, and it chased me all the way back to the ramp and by the time I got there it was raining and thunder/lightning pretty hard and there was about a 45 minute wait at the boat ramp. Fishing was fair at best caught about a dozen 14-16″ smallmouth and a few short ones plus a couple accidental pike and walleye. I bet the musky were pretty well put down, with all the pressure – a couple different times I went past Pete’s bar and there were 8-10 boats throwing at it each time.

Anonymous

Earlier reports (just prior to the weekend rush) from some muskie guys at the Sisko’s camp were real good. One guy had a 46, 52 and 54″ C&R record for one day on the water. Another had a 47 and 48″ for his day’s effort. Between pressure and storm activity, I think the fishing in general was silenced some. Heading back that way anytime soon?

Anonymous

I’ll probably be back up in the hayward area 3-4 more times still this fall, I mostly mostly fish the clearer smallmouth lakes (grindstone, LCO, and Round) but I might spend a little time on the chippewa flowage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.