Labor Day Weekend Bass

• Anonymous

Fished Sat, Sun and Monday morning 5 am until 11 am on a lake near New Richmond. Two of started out pitching Rapalas in shallow caught a few 13 inchers. My fishing partner switched to a jig and pig and outfished me 3 to 1 before I got smart and switched as well We threw jigs shallow and off the deep weed edges. The bass were in both places and were hitting those jigs HARD. Saturday 33 bass, 2 Northerens, 4 rock bass. Sunday Jigs and Pigs all the 3 way 30 Bass, 2 Notherens, 4 Rock Bass. Sunday night cold front and 2.5 inches of rain. We almost slept in on MOnday but did manage to get out around 6 am after bilgeing the boat out for 20 mins. Monday Jig and Pig, tube jigs. 18 Bass, 4 Norterns, 2 rock bass. All in all not a bad weekend on the lake. Cant wait for the Fall bite!!!! It only gets better.

Anonymous

Hey Red Rock Eyes, Sounds like you done great to me. Keep us informed on whats happening. I’m gonna have to get out and hit the lake one of these days. Might have to run down to Eau Galle and check it out.
    Steve Greene

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Sounds like a great time. wondering if you pm me on which lake you were on because there aren’t a ton of decent lakes near New Richmond but I have an idea. How decent were the bass you were catching. I live near Woodville so I fish just north of New Richmond about 80% of my time. I’ve got the next 12 days off so I plan on getting a lot of fishing in. Take it easy ————–Pax

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.