Lake Superior Mid July

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hi All!

I will be in Hayward, WI the week of 7/12-7/19 on a family vaction and staying on the Chippewa Flowage. I would like to try something a little different this year and try Lake Superior or the Chequamegon Bay and target Lake Trout, Salamon, or big Walleye.

I was wondering what kind of bites I could expect anywhere from Cornucopia, Ashland or Bayfield area that time of year. Is there a steady mid summer walleye bite in the bay? I have never salamon fished before but I think I can make my walleye trolling gear work. Would this area be a good place for a novice to learn?

Tight Lines!

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Might still have to avoid ice bergs this year.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Just got back from 3 days on the Bay for Smallies… Water temps were low 50s on the main Bay, 60s in the shallows. The
    Bass were spawning but we had T-storms and 25 mph winds most of the time for a tough bite.
    The Walleye bite was extremely poor, according to the guys staying at our motel. They fished hard thru the night and pretty much got skunked.
    Guys on this website can wade in on the coldwater bite for Trout and Salmonoids.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.