4/6 Rice Co.

• crankit

4/6 Saturday.

Shore Fishing below the Mo-town dam on the cannon river is “hot” for bowfin. What a great fish that puts up a good fight! Some of my hot presentations for that area are shorecasting with a jig and 1/2 a crawler. My number two presentation is jig trolling from shore. That is where I use a 6 and 1/2 foot or longer spinning rod/reel and walk along the river bank and eddies with a jig/crawler and just snap the jig along. Some times in the clear water shallows you will see the bowfin following you down stream chasing the jig–it’s like a walk in the park with the dogs!

Cannon lake is mostly open. Some ice remains on NE side. Lake has been accessible by boat for the past 10 days at Doc’s in Warsaw and now the public access is open. Fishing is slow. There were some snow geese on the south end. The lake is low and very shallow at the public access and there aren’t any docks in.

General Shields Lake is open with limited sheets of ice blowing around the lake. Access is open and shallow and without rain soon it may get to the point that you will not be able to get a boat in at the public access. No one fishing,but me and it was slow, only a couple small crappies.

French is about 2/3 open, but the other 1/3 of the ice is in front of the public access.

Mazaska and Kelly/Dudley have the most ice of any lakes in the area. Not enough to ice fish though. So put the 2×10’s and plywood back in storage. The access to these lakes are frozen up still, but soon that will change-likely by next weekend.

Anonymous

Thanks for the report. Please keep us posted with changes. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.