Devils Ice

• muskiefever
    North Metro

Fished Devils Lake out of Creel bay this morning for a few hours. There was at least 6-7.5″ wherever we fished. Ice is pretty smooth for an exposed lake like devils. Hope to be out again this week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

How was the bite? I’m considering heading out the way Monday. Just not sure if the storm is going to hold off long enough to get a shoot done before the snow and wind arrive.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks for the ice thickness update,but how the fishing part go ?

James,looks like we both posted at the same time

gimp

hey let me know if you come to Devils Lake would be fun to meet you.

muskiefever
    North Metro

I’ll be honest with you, we were just on bad structure and didn’t have enough time. Being our first trip of the season, we arrived just before sun up to check ice thickness. We were the ONLY ones out where we were which made us a little cautious. We were only delt with 2.5 hours to fish due to work (the glories of retail stores). Caught a few northerns and marked other fish we hoped were walleyes but couldn’t get them to eat. Fished 9′-20′ on a steep break. I hope to be getting out by the end of the week on some nice walleye structure but this snow might have an idea of its own.. As I sit here there’s probably 4-5 inches on the ground and still snowing or just blowing, hard to tell with this lovely wind! Anyway, I will have a better report for the weekend!

muskiefever
    North Metro

Any update since the snowfall? I opted to stay inside in forks for the weekend rather than brave the -30 windchill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.