Devils ice condition

• BDiss

how’s the ice on devils? I have been followingthe weather and it looks like it has been cold so there should be some ice but wanted to make sure. I know the northern part of six mile usually freezes up firs so has any one hit that up yet?

scottie56005

I have seen a few photos of perch already. They came out of Woodland.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

call Kyle at Woodland, he will give you a good report.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ll be in that area Wednesday of this week. I’ll be sure to drop a report here.

BDiss

sweet!!! thanks James. wanted to go up there this weekend but my buddy wanted to go to the ice show instead. figure I go the ice show and wait for some good posting of ice conditions. don’t want to drive six hours and not get to fish my favorite pond.

slipbobber84
    ND

Main bay just froze over today. Creel bay and six mile froze over Sunday. West end froze over as far as I know sometime on Thurs-Fri but there were just a few open spots before that. Pelican has had ice for at least 10 days. I will be out tomorrow checking ice on some back bays and sloughs.

BDiss

slipbobber

do you know if there been people out in the northern parts of six mile just south of channel a? that seems to be the first freeze and first fish-able spot.

slipbobber84
    ND

I heard 4-5″ there. West end had 4-7″ where I was yesterday checking.

muskiefever
    North Metro

I was out in East Devils Friday, had 4-6″ in the area we fished. Unfortunately we got out there late and did not fish solid structure. Came up short on fishing, but it was great to be back on the ice. After this weeks forecast, I would proceed with caution.

BDiss

what’s the current condition. the warm spell this weekend and yesterday didn’t mess things up did it? what areas of the lake are you guys fishing?

BDiss

my buddy and i fished this devils this last weekend. it was probably our most successful ice trip there and well worth the six hours drive there and 6 hours drive back.

first spot and first day, got a couple of smaller walleyes and 5 smaller northerns. second spot and second day, we hit the jack pot. nothing big, but there were numbers. probably 20 or so eyes and 5 or so jumbo perch. went to the second spot again on day three and did even better. the numbers were there, but there wasn’t much for trophy size. it was enough for both of us to call the boss and stayed an other night. overall, excellent trip and looking forward to doing it again later this winter season.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.