guide recommendations

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

looking at getting out on Devils lake next Monday and Tuesday 23 & 24th, I am not going to lug the boat around, and would cost the same to hire a guide as it would to pay for gas. Also lodging or campground advise is also welcome. Thanks in advance. PS Johnny Candle is prefishing the MWT, already looked.

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

Grahams Island State Park is a wonderfull camp ground. Very clean and well kept. They have a neat fish cleaning facility. One draw back is no place to keep your boat in the water overnight. Launch and land each day.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I’ve had good luck with woodland resort, nice place to stay, cheap, hotel bar, and very clean fish cleaning house. The hotel is something like $60 for 2 people a night. You could call them and see who they recommend for a guide. I’ve heard good things about Feldner also, as well as Bry’s guide service. The new owner of Ed’s bait guides as well, might be worth a call. Very nice people out there, never had a bad experience. Eric Tilton is another guide that I’ve talked to and has given me tons of advice, he also does a lot with the teen challenge that they have out there. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of the above, if you need more information let me know, I have most of their contact info.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Check out Jason Feldner with PerchEyes Guide Service. Great Guy and catches a ton of fish

http://www.percheyes.com/

I’m with Joe on this one too~!

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Jason is very good as is Arron McQoid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.