Fishing Opener '19 | New PB!

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

For the 2019 Minnesota Fishing Opener we went out on Lake Vermilion in search of Walleyes. Our first day the fishing was slow with a lot of different tactics and areas tried. We made a change that evening and casted artificials into rocky shorelines with a lot of success. We decided to try that again the next morning when a large surprise inhaled my jerkbait!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was excited to see what ever it was but then noticed it’s a YouTube video. So I guess I’ll never see

B-man

Super awesome outline of a mid 30’s pike or ski…..

Why does everyone want to be a YouTube star??

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Super awesome outline of a mid 30’s pike or ski…..

Why does everyone want to be a YouTube star??

Chances of being a You Tube star are smaller than being a starting NFL quarterback. Everybody with a GoPro thinks they can crank out decent content. These guys make their little movies and come here looking for anybody who will take a look. Instead of posting the little movies why not just link your You Tube channel for the 2 or 3 who wanna look?

I don’t get it.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

That black pike has a crazy pattern on it…I’d mount that for sure.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Epic!!!

shady5

That black <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike has a crazy pattern on it…I’d mount that for sure.

Now that’s funny!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I ignore most of them. However a question was asked so I replied.

Was my reply snarky……yes
    Judgmental…..I suppose
    Factual……I think so.

Maybe we can have a movie day on IDO. yay

BigV

Jeez, no wonder the Lake Vermilion forum on here gets about 5 posts a year. Guess if it’s not an infomercial on Skeeter or Mille Lacs you shouldn’t post on this site. Anyways, thanks for sharing your report.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I enjoyed watching your video catching your personal best. Thanks for posting. As for the the others if you don’t want to watch move on, no need to put your negative two cents in. Last I checked this forum anyone can post and if it doesn’t meet with the rules as posted by IDO the post will be removed. I thought we come to this website to promote fishing and encourage the sport. It seems a few posters have taken on themselves to decide what is an acceptable post or not.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I enjoyed watching your video catching your personal best. Thanks for posting. As for the the others if you don’t want to watch move on, no need to put your negative two cents in. Last I checked this forum anyone can post and if it doesn’t meet with the rules as posted by IDO the post will be removed. I thought we come to this website to promote fishing and encourage the sport. It seems a few posters have taken on themselves to decide what is an acceptable post or not.

They do this because they contribute valuable information to the community with the reasonable expectation that some will return the favor.

When people come on here and only dump links to their YouTube videos and contribute nothing more, they do so at their own risk of criticism.

Maybe we shouldn’t criticize for criticizing.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

They do this because they contribute valuable information to the community with the reasonable expectation that some will return the favor.

Mitch has 290 posts, think he is contributing to the website. Again what is gained by being critical of someone posts? Ignore the ones you don’t like.

What I don’t like and am seeing to much of on this website is people like yourself who think they are somehow qualified to pass judgements on other people posts. No one asked for your negative BS and think you are just discouraging people to post content important to them, not necessarily you.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I hate click bait YouTube wanna-bes as much as the next guy, but I find Mitch’s videos cool to watch. He’s pretty mellow and unassuming as opposed to those obnoxious YouTube posters. No “guys, this is epic” crap while video taping the 10 minute drive to the boat launch.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What I don’t like and am seeing to much of on this website is people like yourself who think they are somehow qualified to pass judgements on other people posts. No one asked for your negative BS and think you are just discouraging people to post content important to them, not necessarily you.

When did I pass negative judgement?

Better look in the mirror before you make that accusation.

B-man

I do have to apologise to Mitch, didn’t realize that he posts stuff other than just click bait.

I can’t stand the guys that just do that.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Jeez, no wonder the Lake Vermilion forum on here gets about 5 posts a year. Guess if it’s not an infomercial on Skeeter or Mille Lacs you shouldn’t post on this site. Anyways, thanks for sharing your report.

rotflol Lmao, so true. If James Holst doesnt sponsor it, these fanboys wont support it. Good work Mitch. Dont let these fools stop you from continuing to post your FISHING content here on this FISHING website.

shady5

I wonder how it would have went over if he included a pic, then said, “here’s a link if you want to see the video.”.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m gonna go the unpopular route and say I watched the video and I’m happy for your catch.

Here we go again with the self-appointed gatekeepers of IDO. They’re fine with 9 pages of gun control BS or pictures of what other people make for plastics, projects, etc. but then someone posts a friggin video of them fishing they’re outraged and offended. Like most people I visit this site and click on what I might find interesting and not the others. Do any of you ever get an e-mail at work that doesn’t apply to you and then reply to that person telling them how stupid they are? I absolutely cannot imagine those of you who click on something knowing you’re not going to like it, then taking the time to let that person know you didn’t like it. To each their own. Let it go. Maybe they should remove the post count for each user so people can’t criticize others who haven’t “paid their dues” by the guardians and protectors of IDO.

BigV

Your route isn’t unpopular, I thought the video was great. It was current and showed an alternative method of fishing Lake Vermilion on opener other than dragging a jig/minnow. If someone has an open mind they might actually learn something from watching his post, or you can polk fun if that’s your thing.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

For those that don’t want to watch the fishing video – I was surprised to hook into my Personal Best Pike at 38″ (beating my previous by 5″) and Fat while fishing the shores for Walleye Opener Weekend. Attached is a picture of the fish. I hope everyone has been having a good Open Water season so far.

Attachments:
    1. 20190512_094553.jpg

shady5

For those that don’t want to watch the fishing video – I was surprised to hook into my Personal Best <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Pike at 38″ (beating my previous by 5″) and Fat while fishing the shores for Walleye Opener Weekend. Attached is a picture of the fish. I hope everyone has been having a good Open Water season so far.

That was a classy response, Mitch.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Nice pike. Congrats!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

That was a classy response, Mitch.

X2

Timmy

That is a really pretty fish – very nicely colored/marked!!

Thanks for sharing.

tangler
    Inactive

Nice fish, congrats Mitch.

The rest of the BS is just that, BS. It doesn’t look like you let it bother you, so good on ya. peace

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

That is a really pretty fish – very nicely colored/marked!!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man! I was surprised at how dark the fish was and in contrast how light it’s markings were. I don’t catch many Pike out of stained water so maybe that’s the norm?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.